Pre-Christmas Motorist Madness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
catwoman

catwoman

Arch said:
I'd have resorted to screaming abouse at him.

I'm pretty sure that if I had responded in kind he would have hit me. he looked to be the sort to not think twice about it. He looked pretty hard and horrible. He had a big scar on his face that looked like he could have been glassed at some point in his past.

I felt a lot better the next day after I'd done 100 lengths in my local swimming pool. That's double my usual work out. It's usually 50 against the clock taking me 30 minutes on average. the 100 took me 1 hour and 4 minutes (pretty good I think) I was too kn@ckered to think about very much after I'd done that. :biggrin:

I'm just glad that sort of thing is a rare occurrence and I would never let an incident like that stop me cycling. :biggrin:

CW, there's no excuse for this sort of behaviour. He was wrong, he was a kn*b and with that sort of attitude he will in the near future have a run in with someone bigger and uglier than him resulting in him getting a good kicking or worse. Suffice to say no one will miss him and the world will be a better place without him when he finally pops his cloggs due to outside influence or his ticker giving up.

I had a similar run in on friday, though my driver was small and old, but just as verbal. He obviously thought that having his indicator automatically gave him right of way to pull accross the road right in front of me in the p155y rain into a parking place.

Such language. And me laughing at him and banging on the roof of his car seemed to wind him up even more.

I'd like to add my shock at what happened to you. He will get his comeuppance one day I am sure. In fact I would hope that the police would at the very least go and have a very strong word with him. If you speak to them, suggest to them that they do this. Then you can just sit back and imagine him squirming in front of two police officers;

'Yes officer. I am really sorry officer. It won't happen again officer. Can I lick your boots officer.....' etc :biggrin:

Sorry to hear of this,

A tip I was given many years ago.....

Report it at the time, and add that you thought his voice was slurred!

Especially at this time of year when the Police are clamping down on drink drivers it will get a quicker response.

Of course under all that stress - it is an easy mistake to make.......

Top Bottom