Pre-first-ride tasks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
ComedyPilot said:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[New bike feeling]

Yeah, just like this:

View attachment 4699

OP
OP
Bandini

Bandini

My camera has been broken for ages - so I took a couple on my camera phone. They are rubbish, but they will do for now. I will just refresh my memory how to post pic on forum! Will take some with mates camera when I go out.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Nice! It (she?) looks ready to go, just needs you to open the door and let it (her?) out.

And I'll be interested to hear how you find the bars. If mine don't work out, butterfly bars are the alternative option - I never got on with drops. The only thing that matters is your comfort.

I hope we have some decent weather for you over the weekend!

OP
OP
Bandini

Bandini

It's an it! Going out for a couple of hours now - try to beat the rain. And going out fro a bit longer, in the hopefully better weather, tomorrow.

OP
OP
Bandini

Bandini

Great ride. And though it is an it, I do love the bike. Really comfortable ride, and feels right. Biked to a little village pub down some little country roads. Rainy and windy but great! The butterfly bars are definitely for me.

OP
OP
Bandini

Bandini

Country roads to Hornsea - a wind swept and rainy last couple of miles. Some lunch and a Hot Chocolate with Amaretto at me Grandma's, and then back. The rain stopped and the sun came out on the way home. Great! I love my bike.

My girlfriend wasn't going to get a bike til spring, but I think she is beginning to realise that she might not see very much of me unless she gets one sooner!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bandini said:
Country roads to Hornsea - a wind swept and rainy last couple of miles. Some lunch and a Hot Chocolate with Amaretto at me Grandma's, and then back. The rain stopped and the sun came out on the way home. Great! I love my bike.

My girlfriend wasn't going to get a bike til spring, but I think she is beginning to realise that she might not see very much of me unless she gets one sooner!

Hornsea? and Rain? Who'da thought it...

(Last time I was in Hornsea it was with the East Yorks CC posse, and it rained. No, it monsooned. None of us had ever been so wet. I was still damp when I got home, having sat for 30 shivery minutes at Hull railway station, and then the train journey to York).

Glad you're enjoying it. Now, what's the girlfriend going to get?

OP
OP
Bandini

Bandini

Not sure yet. Reckoning we will look our for an alright, but cheapish, second hand bike, as she may not be quite as keen as me - and she can't get a bike to work til next year. Then she can get a decent bike, when she can get 40% off, if she wants to keep it up. I am sure she will ride three seasons - but she doesn't seem right keen on winter riding!

Top Bottom