Pregnancy Birth and cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Congratulations :highfive:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Congratulations, I can't really help with the guidelines but I would say listen to how you are feeling, if really tired then don't cycle just for the sake of it. I had some days when I could barely move with tiredness (I wouldn't have been safe to cycle) and others when I had loads of energy. But I hadn't rediscovered cycling at that stage, I wish I had.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Congrats. Yes as long as you cycle from the start you are OK to carry on all the way. Exercise is good. You may find it uncomfortable later on tho so listen to your body. I think swimming is the choice of exercise bcoz it supports a big tummy but again, you're supposed to do it from the start, not take it up at the last minute, so that your muscles are used to it. And moderate exercise, not Ironman LOL

Motobecane

Guru
Hi guys

Had some good news last week that I'm expecting:girldance:. Does anyone know the guidelines for cycling in each trimester :pump:and how long to wait after birth before cycling again. :scratch:

Thanks all

Well, it was a long time ago for me, but I just carried on cycling. Obviously, as you get bigger you take it more slowly. I think the only problem is if you think about having a tumble. For that reason, many women wouldn't ride in the last trimester. But I did.

As for afterwards, that isn't a problem at all. You will know when you are ready! For me it was a matter of days. If you have stitches it could be a bit longer. The main issue afterwards is what to do with the baby when you are cycling!

Congratulations! Enjoy...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
@GoldDust - my most grovelling apologies :notworthy: :blush: :notworthy: I omitted to say CONGRATULATIONS ! :bravo: :wahhey: :dance:

I did read somewhere about a woman who not only cycled all through her pregnancy :bicycle:… she even cycled to the delivery ! :wahhey:

young Ed

Veteran
congratulations! not a clue if i'm honest but if i were to be in such a position i would probably have a word with the doc and see what they say
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom