Premium bonds - traccking them down?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have some premium bonds but one set in not sure where the paperwork is the others are a very vague recollection from childhood that a relative bought me some when young. So basically at least one batch of premium bonds I've lost the paper for. I've moved house so many times since I got them.

How do I track them down for cashing in or checking for returns/ winnings?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
There's probably something on NS&I website. I know I have a "holders number" which is applied to all my bonds. I'd guess if you can tell them where you were living when you got them they'll be able to track them down.

You might be sitting on a fortune!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes, the website should help. Unlikely that you'd set up an online password so you might have to get them to send you a form which you sign and send back proving your identity. Maybe along with a copy of your passport or something. I had to do this for a savings account some time ago that I'd opened at Uni and forgot about

I know I had some when I was a kid - a few single bonds probably
and my parents had some

When my parents died I went through all the paperwork expecting to find them - but naff all

I found the lost bonds tracker but there doesn;t seem to be any record of them - possibly they sold them at some point

still - worth a go - if they have an old address then there is also the possibility of there being a win waiting for you:eek:

presta

Guru
I ended up paying inheritance tax on some of my own premium bonds.
When my father died, the solicitor asked if he had any PBs, and I told him that I didn't know which were his and which are mine because they're not all marked.
"Bring them in and I'll sort it out" he said, so I did, and then he just cashed in the whole lot.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
I can't even remember my address when I got them, certainly the first, childhood one. What I mean is I know the addresses I lived at just not where I lived when I got them. Does the tracker give you the option of q few addresses or do you have to do one trucker application per address? The only known thing for sure is my name!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I can't even remember my address when I got them, certainly the first, childhood one. What I mean is I know the addresses I lived at just not where I lived when I got them. Does the tracker give you the option of q few addresses or do you have to do one trucker application per address? The only known thing for sure is my name!

why not try using the tracker to find out?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
When my wife died I had to phone East Kilbride where the office was. I found the person I spoke to very helpful so try that or else just email them with whatever information you do have.

Top Bottom