Premium bonds - weird coincidence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
@PK99 it’s an interesting concept when it comes to S&S’s.

If you take the long term stock growth of around 6% and as inflation has averaged around 3-4% so real term growth in value is 2%.

If you did the same with interest bearing savings, average interest rates have been around 4% which is neutralised by inflation.

In effect investing is a slightly better option but is only marginal noting that the exact start and end points with create winners/losers.

But interest on savings is taxable in the year of receipt. Stuff your shares in an ISA and both growth and withdrawals are tax free.

All our investments are in tax free wrappers. Used to be PEPS in now SIPPs and ISAs - both predominantly on the Stock Market.

Chislenko

Veteran
A rather disappointing £150 between us this month.

In other disappointing financial news, Nationwide, who we have a large sum with, are stopping "pay away monthly interest" so will need to go through the mither of moving it to somewhere else who still does it, when it matures.

DogmaStu

£50 on £50k for me so I’ve cashed in.

I play on the Stock Market - Nasdaq primarily - and since I’m doing ok I’m adding to it. I am up 8.3% since December so intend to keep that going.

potsy

Rambler
Nothing for me.

5k cashed in to go towards the new bathroom ^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
£250 for me, spending money for upcoming weekend away :smile:
£50 for mum although she’s upped her holding to the max (hopefully next month)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have had nothing since June for me.
However, It’s a faff to get at and takes 3 days to land in my bank account so I leave it there. I am not sure I am brave enough to do anything stock related.

Bugger all but I did withdraw some to go towards a new car and some to a fixed bond to get some interest on it. My winnings over the last two years have been sub market interest rates so thought I needed to do something.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
However, It’s a faff to get at and takes 3 days to land in my bank account so I leave it there. I am not sure I am brave enough to do anything stock related.
Thats why i have them... money i can't get at too easily yet isn't locked into a high interest savings account for 12 months.

Winning something is a bonus rather than the expectation... good job really since I've had nowt since last summer either.

Top Bottom