Prendas...new owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladesman73

Über Member
I see Prendas is now owned by Cycling Brands and will be joining forces with Shutt. Hopefully they will not change their ethos of being a provider of reasonably priced gear inc retro jerseys. In my experience Shutt are expensive. Any thoughts?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Prendas appear to have struggled in recent times, hence their scaling back of stock to caps and similar.

Coming from experience of them as my son's sponsor and clothing producer for 2019-21* Shutt are run by decent people. They are more expensive but have good quality items.

Hopefully it'll mean Prendas can produce retro-style jerseys again, although they probably will need to go up in price.

* this year it's Castelli as his team's now linked with Saint Piran. That kit's yet to arrive though.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I notice they had started doing some jersey and shorts again (I think the emailed me), but not the cool retro stuff.. that maybe related be the ownership change.

Just checked, its all the Shutt stuff they have added

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Shutt are expensive

Shutt is expensive, but not as expensive as some other brands one could mention.
They are my personal favourite cycling gear. Love their stuff. Well made, great quality, great fitting and great lasting. Along with top notch customer service.
I am a Shutt fan boy and make no apologies for it. :okay:

I also like Prendas gear so its a win win for me.

yello

Prendas and Shutt don't seem natural bed fellows to me, but then maybe that's the point - choice.

I have a Shutt autumn weight, long-sleeved shirt (I don't think they make it now) and it is quality through and through, a stunning bit of kit - but to the point that I'm afraid to wear it! (keep it for Sunday best!) Which is just as well because, in practice, it's actually quite limited in its range of use. It's warm but not hugely windproof, so often needs twinning with a gilet - and then I risk getting too warm!

Prendas - all cyclists love the retro kit, no? I had a couple of caps from them, bought yonks ago, but nothing else. Just looking at their website now, the prices have gone up some from those that I remember, so maybe not such unnatural bed fellows for Shutt.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
the prices have gone up some from those that I remember, so maybe not such unnatural bed fellows for Shutt.
sort of depends what you are looking at. the in stock stuff is new Shutt stock, except the caps and socks.. the out of stock stuff is the old retro stuff Prenda's used to sell but announced sometime back (there was a thread on here discussing it) they were discontinuing, with a final sale. They often used to have offers so the prices you see on the website (for the oos stuff) now aren't a true reflection of what you could pick up the retro stuff for.

I did wonder how or why they were continuing just selling caps.. the always had super service and a reputation for quality

yello

sort of depends what you are looking at. the in stock stuff is new Shutt stock, except the caps and socks..
ah, thanks, I didn't realise that. I guess I assumed there was a new website for both.

My recollection of Prendas (and we are going to back more than 10 years) is that they were largely retro stuff and other 'affordable' bits and bobs - I think I may have bought some socks from them once too?? Shutt were in an entirely different market, more akin to Rapha - quality stuff with prices commensurate.

Their meraklon(?) Armwarmers are the best I've found. Ordered a couple of pairs but sad to see they aren't in their shop now.

I thought they also did a good winter jacket that I never got round to buying.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I stopped buying from them years ago due to having my card details ripped off and used for other purchases. According to my current account provider, almost every cardholder who used them in a certain period suffered similar fraud. Whether the leak was at a third party payment administrator, or at Prendas themselves, was unclear.

Top Bottom