Prepping the both bikes for mods - it begins!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Come on Bassy, it's not like you to so flagrantly flout the law. We need pics!

As per usual, I shall be fittting these:

There, no roolz busted!

A further thought occurs: the new shifters work well with the front mech on this bike. That being so, I may do the chainring swap again. This will give me 50-39-30 onto 11-34 8-speed. I've a sneaking suspicion that this will rejuvenate the bike, in my eyes, and it probably will stay!
Similarly, the 2x9 on the mixte will either tweak its niceness, or wreck it completely!
We'll see...

The new shifters are due today, so after a short ride out on the mixte, I'll begin the part-swapping shenanigans.
Scott: remove rear mech, cassette, and shifters. Fit new shifters, cassette and chain from mixte, cable work.
Revell: remove rear mech, cassette, and RH shifter. Fit RH shifter and chain and cassette from Scott, cable work.
Tweak!
Hopefully, I'll then have two bikes that make me smile!

philtalksbx

Über Member
A further thought occurs: the new shifters work well with the front mech on this bike. That being so, I may do the chainring swap again. This will give me 50-39-30 onto 11-34 8-speed. I've a sneaking suspicion that this will rejuvenate the bike, in my eyes, and it probably will stay!
Similarly, the 2x9 on the mixte will either tweak its niceness, or wreck it completely!
We'll see...
I got lured into a similar setup on my Record Ace - a front triple like yours and a 7 speed 11-28 that will go on this weekend. I sense a trend here....

The starting point:

Mixte done, it set up perfectly in a couple of tweaks.

Scott done.

This was far more irritating to set up, but as intimated, the ST-R225L shifter made the front mech work properly, which the ST-EF65-9L did not. Still a bugger, but it didn't object to the smaller chainring set. Did for get one thing: needs a hanger extender. Sigh. Remove mech and re-set it all... EDIT: just noticed that saddle angle, will have to fettle before riding.
Actually, I also forgot to put a new cable on the mixte's front brake, but it ain't yet broke, so I didn't fix it.
A hard but productive afternoon, let's hopen they both work when riding!
:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

Top Bottom