Prescription glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
My transitions Oakley have been excellent, you do need a quality brand

mine were regular specs and a while ago now, I’m sure things have moved on since I used them before.
I will take a look once things have settled and if the budget allows it, and if I have a job

I bought some Eyepods about a year ago and for the money they have been good value. They come with about 4 outer lens option (yellow, black, mirror & clear) and the prescription lens is inside that. Took about 2wks to arrive and cost i think £90 but i see they have gone up in price now. Probably not the same frame quality as high end glasses but certainly good enough for using 2-3 x p/wk. You can get spare parts for them and also swap over the frames if you want a different colour at any point.

I tend to use the yellow lenses in Winter and in lower light conditions and the black when the suns out.

I tried all the budget options, inserts, optilabs etc - eventually I took the plunge and spent £250 on a prescription set of rudy projects \ transitions from extreme eyewear - lot of money - but money extremely well spent - the look good, keep the wind from your eyes - and double up as a pair of sunbathing glasses.
Extreme eyewear were the only place that would glaze to my -6 prescription - really pleased with them

Top Bottom