pressure gauge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon Bikes

Hello All, new member. Wondering about the best tyre pressure gauge out there (for Presta). Seen the reviews for Schwalbe unit, and there are a lot of very poor ones. Anyone have recommendations, please?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I just use what ever is on my track pump, or the two pumps that have a gauge - one Topeak Road Morph (with gauge) and a copy !

Hello All, new member. Wondering about the best tyre pressure gauge out there (for Presta). Seen the reviews for Schwalbe unit, and there are a lot of very poor ones. Anyone have recommendations, please?
yep the Scwalbe thing is an abomination - you'd think a tyre company could sort such a thing.
I also don't like the topeak digital - unless I've not mastered something you always seem to leak a ton of air air before you can get a decent reading.
I can heartily recommend the Giyo.
Here
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...&terminal_id=55638efe9d6d49a9933ddd9042d0b2ef

though that link is no good for buying. You may be able to find somewhere - I got mine for under a fiver from some far eastern place.

It's very good.

Day to day I use the gauge on my track pumps or topeak morphs.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Like some others above I use my track pump guage and a Topeak road morph with guage for on road. Although I would note I find the guage on the road morph a bit hard to read when in use.

gcogger

I got the Topeak gauge for Xmas, and I like it. I don't seem to have any trouble with air leakage on mine (it's much better than other devices I've used in the past). The main reason I wanted one is that people say the gauges on cheap track pumps are bad. It turns out that the gauge on my Halfords track pump matches the Topeak one perfectly - maybe I'm just lucky :smile:

I got the Topeak gauge for Xmas, and I like it. I don't seem to have any trouble with air leakage on mine (it's much better than other devices I've used in the past). The main reason I wanted one is that people say the gauges on cheap track pumps are bad. It turns out that the gauge on my Halfords track pump matches the Topeak one perfectly - maybe I'm just lucky :smile:
Or doubly unlucky. :okay::laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have a Lezyne track pump with pressure gauge. Suits my purposes very well.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Not sure what to suggest; I have a manual (analogue) guage, and a digital one, and one on my track pump. None of them match up with each other. I've come to the conclusion that guages that are +/- 5psi are good enough for me, unless I want to spend big money on something which is going to be perfect, which I don't. And even then, how would I know if an expensive one is perfect....what do you compare it to?

figbat

Slippery scientist
Pre-ride I pinch the tyres which is generally good enough to know if I need to intervene, plus knowing when I last inflated them. Then I'll use the gauge on the pump to set the pressure. I have two different track pumps which show pressures as different, but I acknowledge this and generally use the same pump each time knowing that regardless of the absolute pressure, it is consistently around the same. I have never used a gauge just to check pressure, it is always used during an inflation process triggered by a failed pinch test.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You could try a couple of these. Never be in the dark about your tyre pressure again. Wake up in the night worried about your tyre pressure? Open up the app and check it.

https://www.sram.com/en/quarq/series/tyrewiz
TyreWiz is a lightweight and durable device that fits right onto the valve of your bike’s tire. It works by utilizing Bluetooth low energy technology to relay data right to your cycling computer and the SRAM AXS app.

Only £240. I'm not sure, but that may even be £240 for a pair of them! Bargain. ;)
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Quarq-Tyrewiz-Air-Pressure-Sensors_214086.htm

(Runs away and hides :laugh:)

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
A man with one gauge knows his pressure, the man with two gauges is not so sure. I have never really got my head around a separate gauge to the pump, it seem so inconvenient.

si_c

Guru
As above, I use the pressure gauge on my track pump (£20 from halfords) and it's been good enough for me so far. I did consider getting a Topeak digital gauge for when out on a ride in case I got a flat, but the reality is that I've not actually needed it as I use CO2 inflators most of the time.

Top Bottom