pressure gauge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I have one of these. I've been using it for 18 months and really pleased with it. I inflate the tyre to about 5psi above target on my compressor. Removing the compressor end usually drops 5psi. Check with this gauge. If slightly high you can release a bit with the vent to get exactly what you want. Then pull it off with no further pressure loss.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KHJNNK2/

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillstay

Über Member
I looked up the margins between gauges and found that stick ones are better than digital unless you spend a shed load of money. So went to antique shop and bought a Dunlop one. Checked it and its spot on still. From the 1950's, and so I use that to gauge how good my track pump is.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
As others have said, use the gauge on your track pump, and if you haven't got one, then get one. For yeara I thought they were a luxury for people racing and such until I bought one one on a whim. Used it for years and when it eventually broke I ordered a replacement the same day.

A further observation, accuracy doesn't matter that much, so long as it's consistent. By trial and error you'll determine if 90, 100 or 110 psi on the guage is best for your bike with your weight for the local roads. Doesn't really matter if the number is wrong

Top Bottom