pressure washer or hand wash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herr-B

I'm supposed to wash it? :eek:

Mallory

^^^^^ wot he said

Just use some muc off spray and a brush/sponge. Even be careful using muc off around your headset as if you do not rinse properly all the grease will disperse

OP
OP
bainy16

bainy16

looks like the pressure washer is out of the question looks like elbow grease then was just thinking of a little time saying way as i hate hand washing the bike lol .......may be a business opportunity here for a hand bike wash just like the car ones .....anybody fancy washing it for a fiver:smile:

I used to work for a UN agency that was a bit weird about having clean vehicles. They were white (of course) and we had guys in the garage who pressure-washed* them constantly at the first sign of settling dust or splatter marks. That put me off pressure washers for life.

Bucket of warm water, a sponge, a rag and a brush. Pure heaven.

ven for MTBs or trail bikes, a good dousing with a hose at low pressure will ease the most concrete-like mud.

Also, you get to see developing faults if you're running a cloth or a sponge over a bike, motorcycle or car.

I'm not in the 'it screws your bearings' school, because I think you can be careful with aim. I just think it's another piece of technology that we don't need and which has very little effect in terms of making an already fairly easy job less unpleasant.

* We lost three Karcher machines in a few months. A year or two later I was back with a different employer and one of our former mechanics had opened a Car Wash in the next town.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Never had any problems with a pressure washer, I back up when doing around bearings and movable parts, you don't have to be really close. It also helps to let the detergent have time to work before washing off

Top Bottom