pressure washer or hand wash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I despise decals.

Bicycles these days look like footballer's t-shirts, with names and brands emblazoned on every surface.

This new-fangled zest for making everything a brand is hateful and wicked and wrong and against the word of God, Allah and several other deities known to me personally.

If it would guarantee the removal of decals from every surface, I would use a pressure washer daily.

Not on my own bicycle, of course... Proper bicycles are made of steel and do not have graffiti on them.

DWiggy

Über Member
I wet the bike down with a garden hose, cover in muck off leave for 5-10mins then agitate the stubborn dirt with a sponge, rinse off with the hose! works every time!

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
I once used the industrial washer at our bakery meant for cleaning the racks, it melted the mud guards but the bike looked great no bearing or sticker problems after. Our black forest gateaux did taste a bit erm? earthy that year

raleighnut

Legendary Member
This may be an old thread resurrected but for my tuppence any decent Karcher pressure washer comes with 2 'lances', one is a 'take no prisoners' full on jet that'll strip paint and the other is an adjustable nozzle version that can be controlled by turning the restriction down to allow more flow at less pressure.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
If the wife's in - hosepipe and sponge to get the main off
If the wife's out - bathtub and shower head :laugh:

Top Bottom