England : Lancashire Preston and Blackburn riders' meet, 22 September.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd forgotten about this TBH.

I can't do it anyway now due to other commitments, but I'll cross my fingers to the weather Gods and hope you all have a good ride :thumbsup:

I'm from Rammy, near Bury, but can't make it this time, due to needing to be somewhere else and having a back brake that works better as a horn than it does at stopping me!, perhaps another time?

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
The brake is easily fixed. Just toe-in the blocks so that they contact the braking surface first at their front edges. Use a folded cornflakes box lid as a gauge to get the gap right at the back.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I thought we'd go to Ribchester, Longridge (which avoids Jeffrey Hill) Chipping, round past the wild boar park and chick stroking place, down to Dunsop Bridge for some of Trevor's excellent home-baked cakes, back to Whitewell, Bashall Eves, Whalley, then back up to Wilpshire and down to Brownhills. Anybody who fancied the climbs could go over Jeffrey Hill and meet us in Chipping or coming back, up Hall Hill opposite the Inn at Whitewell and meet us at the other end.

Locals will know these roads well but to anybody new to the area it's a delightful ride, which takes in all the best scenery.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
We won't be stopping there though!

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Seen the forecast? I'm going to do this ride then ride over to Skipton for a BBQ, a full day of cycling!

Top Bottom