Pretty pleased today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damj

Finally managed to encourage the better half out on our first bike ride in years today. What's more she appeared quite enthusiastic despite a sore bum and thighs. An eight miler on disused railway lines. She even talked about getting a better bike.

Begs the question how long did it take before your other half got back into cycling?

Last edited:
OP
OP
damj

damj

Oh by the way it took me 4 years

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Mrs ND comes out with me occasionally - she was very nearly put off by a bad choice of bike (I really can't recommend not buying an Apollo Elysee enough), but now she's changed to a much more suitable Carrera Subway she enjoys it a lot more.

It's a nice change for me too as she prefers bridleways, trails and quiet country lanes while virtually all my solo cycling is on the road.

Timewise, she bought her bike within a few months of me getting mine.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Not so much "back" into cycling, but into cycling again since she was a kid.
It took me about a year of going on about how much I enjoyed it. She borrowed from her dad and got a Decathlon Origin 3 (I think it's that anyway) which I had to setup. The decathlon mechanic got most of it wrong.
We went for a few rides which she enjoyed. Usually she was in front to set the pace. It had nothing to do with enjoying watching her bum wiggle as she rode. Honest.
The rides sort of fizzled out over time and pretty much stopped dead when I got my girls. No time.
Her teenage son has been using it for the last year and she's decided he's ran it into the ground enough. So now it's under my staircase awaiting fixing by me after which she says she'll use again.
We'll see.

Slick

Guru
Mrs Slick and I used to cycle a lot over forest trails back in the day but I fell out the habbit for over 20 years as I needed every ounce of energy for work. She was always at me to get another bike and get out on the trails. Now the roles have reversed again, and it's me getting on to her, but I try not to nag as she's not as strong as she once was. We did do a very relaxed 10 miles the other week round millport which was nice and she loved it. I think the secret is not to nag and don't try and push them to do what you do. I just enjoy whatever time we do spend on the bikes together.

Top Bottom