Final reduction: Surly Disc Trucker 58cm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cupotea

FInal Update: One last go before ebay, and to clarify, it comes with multiple options for stem/seat/seatpost to suit most sizes
Bike with all originally listed = £850
Bike with rack AND dyno' wheel/light but no luggage = £820
Bike with rack but NO dyno' wheel/light (original wheel supplied) and no luggage = £600

Update:
150 views and no bites must mean that either the price is too high or the combination is wrong. So..... new prices.

Bike with all originally listed = £900
Bike with rack AND dyno' wheel/light but no luggage = £850
Bike with rack but NO dyno' wheel/light (original wheel supplied) and no luggage = £650

Also, to reiterate, although pick-up is prefered, delivery within around a 20-30 mile radius could be arranged

I've come to the rather crushing realisation that I'm not a globe-trotting adventurer. I'm not even a commuter, and therefore the time has come to sell my Surly Disc Trucker to stop it taunting me that I can't even grow a tourer type beard.

Specs:

2013 Surly Disc Trucker 58 cm
Rear mech: SLX 9spd
Front mech: Sora
Chainset: I'm not actually sure but they work!
Brakes: Avid BB7 MTN
Brake Levers: Tektro
Bar-end shifters: Microshift
Rear wheel: XT hub, Alexrims Adventurer rim, 36h
Front wheel: SON 28 Dyno on H Plus Son Archetype, 32h (Built by Spa)
Tyres: Vittoria Voyager Hyper 38mm
Light: Edelux II
Saddle: Brooks B17 (brown)
Seatpost: On-One in-line
Stem and Saddle: Some sort of own brand 26mm clamp
Mudguards: SKS
Rack: Tubus Logo (Silver)

It was purchased from the Bicycle Doctor in Manchester and Strava is showing 1200 miles in total. It's on it's second chain which is showing no sign of stretch and sprockets/chainrings looking good for many more miles.
The dyno wheel was briefly used on a rim braked bike for one night ride which wore the black anodizing off the brake track but there is no wear to the actual surface, and has a total milelage of less that 300 miles. The light and wheel are what I will miss the most. Absolutely amazing.

Size wise, it's a smidge too small for me. I would say 5'10"-6'1" would be best. I have a few different stems and the original layback seatpost I can throw in on request. I also have a Selle Anatomica I can put with it. It's towards the end of its adjustment but the pruchaser is welcome to have it to see if it's their sort of thing. There is also the original front wheel which is XT hub on an Alexrim Adventurer. Price negotiable if required.

Along with the bike there's also the luggage.

2 x Ortlieb back-roller classic in o-so subtle orange
Ultimate 6 plus bar bag in black

The panniers have a few marks from where they have sat against the rack, though it has not damaged the surface of them at all. They have never been used in anger and have no smell to them.
The bar bag was used once. It currently has 1 key though hopefully i can find the other too. The cable was cut but with as much spare left as possible so refitting should be fine

I've um'ed and ah'ed about this for a week now. Looking on ebay I think £1000 for everything is a fair price, though if anyone thinks I'm way off the mark either way please let me know.

I would prefer to sell all together (although offers for bike on it's own are welcome) and pickup from Northwich in Cheshire is required. My car seats don't fold and I've no desire to courier it. If it's easily deliverable by train I would consider.

And now to the pics!
20170809_175134.jpg

20170809_175141.jpg

20170809_175151.jpg

20170812_143734.jpg

20170812_143753.jpg

20170812_143819.jpg

20170812_144016.jpg

20170812_144030.jpg

20170812_144352.jpg

20170812_144407.jpg

20170812_144448.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cupotea

Thanks Liz, I'd like to think it's fair. It's in exceptional condition. I could shove it on ebay and probably get a bit more but I've met some amazing people on this forum and I'd like to know it's gone to a good home.

gaijintendo

Veteran
This would make a great present for me :snowball:

If it comes to the dreaded 'bay, let me know what you are thinking for the bar bag, I'm enjoying mine, but would appreciate a bit more room.

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Wow that is a good deal. Dyno hub, Edulux II and bags make this an exceptional purchase. I also have those Alexrims on my tourer and cargo bike. On another bike, the Archetypes. Both tough as you like.

I have the 2014 DT. Easily my favourite in the stable.

Last edited:

MOD

Regular
I am 5'8" do you think this will be too large?
I only live 5 miles from Northwich and my car seats fold flat.
Want for long commute so needs to fit
Thanks

e-rider

crappy member
bikes like this don't fly off the shelves - you need to be wait for the right buyer to come along, otherwise you'll end up giving it away for peanuts

e-rider

crappy member
you could also change the stem to a normal one - small things like that can make a difference, even though it would be simple enough to change for the buyer

OP
OP
C

Cupotea

Hi e-rider. I originally put in the advert that I have a variety of stems and seatposts which I can swap out to suit the new owner (at no additional cost). Oddly that is actually the original stem! I'll swap it out for something a bit more average this evening. Cheers.

Top Bottom