Price increase on new cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
As from next Tuesday, there will be a 2% price increase on all new cars.. If you are thinking of buying one, get to your dealer now.:okay:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Or even better buy a cycle instead.

gzoom

Über Member
But sadly cars kill many thousands in one way or another every year when there are so many better alternatives. The last thing the world needs is more cars.

Weapons literally kill people, but the development and sales of arms employees many thousands (may be millions??) of people in the UK and the world wide.

The world doesn't need more weapons but anyone who thinks the arms industry is ever going to disappear is a fantasist.

Similar cars allow personal transportation in a way most people (my self included) will never give up, and the car industry is certainly not going away for the foreseeable future.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Weapons literally kill people, but the development and sales of arms employees many thousands (may be millions??) of people in the UK and the world wide.

The world doesn't need more weapons but anyone who thinks the arms industry is ever going to disappear is a fantasist.

Similar cars allow personal transportation in a way most people (my self included) will never give up, and the car industry is certainly not going away for the foreseeable future.
All sadly true. I can dream though and live as environmentally as possible. Does it it make a difference, probably not in the scale of things and the climate is screwed by now but I will carry on.

This is why we need a government working on public transport and making personal cars awkward to use as the default choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom