Pricing help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

Raindancer411

Thanks for all the help, I have put the on the classified add board and will see what happens, if not it's ebay...

Cavalol

Guru
Everyone will doubtless say different, but I'd have thought an estimate of £225-£250 for the BSA is a bit over the top. It looks lovely and is worth that money in terms of comparing it to a boring modern bike, but personally I'd see £150 as a major result for it. Hopefully I'm completely wrong and you get the suggested price for it, it really does look a treat.
Sadly I'm trying to scale down, not add to my collection or I'd be making enquiries to have it as a stable mate to my BSA TDF and the Tour of Britain!

Bobtoo

Über Member
The BSA has a Suntour Vx rear derailleur, Suntour Compe-V front derailleur and Suntour Power Shifters, although they are all likely to be branded as Raleigh. It's nowhere near top of the range but it would have been a quality mid-range bike when new. It might make over £200 if you find the right person to sell it to, it's certainly pretty special in that condition, but you might have to wait a while.

I think the Raleigh is from the early 80s. I had a similar model new in 1981 and this one looks very slightly more modern. These lights, ugly as they are, are a great period accessory. I'd be surprised if the Raleigh cracked £100, there just isn't the same demand for roadsters.

sidevalve

Über Member
A 531 frame alone will command respect from those who know, add on a brooks saddle and I suspect you will [or should] easily get your price. Sadly however [although I hope not] It may end up being broken for parts.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Shame really, for£250 where could could you buy a quality bike like that today?
You couldn't :cursing:

OP
OP
R

Raindancer411

Still both for sale and no bites yet... Will give ebay a good soon as they really need to go as don't think it will be long until the sale of the house completes

OP
OP
R

Raindancer411

Hiya, I have been asked what size person the BSA would suit. Any ideas? Frame size was given as was the frame height from the perspective of an inside leg measurement lol

Top Bottom