Pricing of clothes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Have they started pricing by size in the big UK cities? At least for men.

That would explain why so many are saving a few bob in these financially constrained times judging by the number of too small jackets and trousers that expose about 8" of leg that are being worn.

Also, a bit OT, but the poor buggers can't afford socks either.
I don’t know if it is related to the warm weather, but I couldn’t help but notice that quite a few of the young ladies around here don’t appear to be able to afford foundation garments.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Army surplus! Cheap and lasts years. 😁
I went to the local Army Surplus shop to get a camouflage jacket.

Couldn't find one.

byegad

Legendary Member
I bought a couple of leather jackets recently, and paid £15 extra for my size, I'd guess that's because larger panels of leather are slightly more expensive to produce than smaller ones. There is after all quite a bit of processing involved in producing leather and likely more waste in cutting out larger panel, given the finite size of the animal it's come from.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Why should the army have a surplus these days? In the days of post-war demobilisation, obviously they would. In the days of mass national service, maybe. But now, if they have a surplus, someone isn't managing things properly.

Because they might pull out of an area, say Iraq. Find they have some unused cruise missiles, and send them to Birmingham Army and Navy store, to sell on. Navy might find a scratch on a war ship, so sell it on in the surplus store as seconds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom