Pricing of clothes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just imagine the outcry!

Fat-ist, thin-ist, short-ist, tall-ist etc. etc.

People would be jumping up and down shouting discrimination at every turn.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
58 combat trousers, fabulous things. Double lined, loads of pockets. Rare now but I buy them up when I see them. German para boots, circa 80's. So many hats!

gbb

Legendary Member
58 combat trousers, fabulous things. Double lined, loads of pockets. Rare now but I buy them up when I see them. German para boots, circa 80's. So many hats!
I had a pair of Swiss pilots leather gloves, lightly fur lined. THE best gloves I ever had, soft supple leather, warm, looked ok and lasted for a good few up years despite being used every winter for commuting....all that for around £15 iirc.

si_c

Guru
Which whilst being fair makes a complete mockery of charging if someone is 5kg over their baggage allowance.
I’m 30kg heavier than my wife but that’s not counted.
Just 30kg? I'm well over 40kg heavier than Mrs C. I did point out once to her that the clothes she took on a holiday were over half her body weight but that didn't go down particularly well.

Drago

Legendary Member
Which whilst being fair makes a complete mockery of charging if someone is 5kg over their baggage allowance.
I’m 30kg heavier than my wife but that’s not counted.
But one can control ones baggage allowance, whereas I have no control over being a 6'4" caucasian mesomorph.

Army surplus! Cheap and lasts years. 😁
A man after my own heart. Army surprus, supplemented with occasional visits to charity shops and the garden centre. Top it off with a selection of battered camo baseball caps for that threadbare redneck look that zi do so well. Accy would gave the vapours at my attire if he ever met me! :laugh:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Try telling that to my girlfriend, Giganta Watanabe :smile:

I presume she's also a Sumo wrestler? :whistle: They'd need baggage for the Sumo kit.

53257080_10jpg.jpg

Why should the army have a surplus these days? In the days of post-war demobilisation, obviously they would. In the days of mass national service, maybe. But now, if they have a surplus, someone isn't managing things properly.
Lots of reasons. Some of it is deliberate, some makers produce extra for sale, others are changes in doctrine, the forces plan 10 years or more ahead so requirements can easily change. Some of the best kit is never seen as new and only sold when past further issue. Some items deteriorate in storage so are sold on while there is enough life left in them for a civvy to walk his dog for a year or two but would disintegrate overnight in service use.

Top Bottom