Prick move bike locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tallbikes

Regular
I saw this as I was locking up my bike to the next rack, I don't think this could have been an accident lol

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_012441.jpg
    IMG_20190316_012441.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 90

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
No way was that an accident.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
There is a tactic used by thieves whereby they lock your bike to theirs or to the street furniture. You are forced to get the bus or go home to get tools etc. Then they come back when all is quiet and have all the time in the world to nick your bike.

But I don’t think Apollo’s are on the hit list so I think this is a mistake.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If a thief wanted the bike they wouldn't have locked it to the cable. It's a mistake. Easy done. I have done it my self.

albal

Guru
Happened to me! Whilst inside a bike show. I had to remove the other guys cable, then re install it when I was done. Just a little selfish. Slightly off topic while I was in Ontario last year a fellow biker told me the thieves in Toronto smash gas canisters against D locks, then belt it with a hammer to break the lock. Not heard that over here yet.

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I know of someone who cut through the other bike's frame (after waiting 24 hours) so he could free his own bike. Cutting the lock would have been far harder, would attract attention, and he could have been arrested. Interesting moral dilemma, that one.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It happened to me many years back outside a station. Fortunately the other lock was a very flimsy one and I was able to break it to release my bike. I did leave a note apologising and giving the reason why I had broken the lock.

bladderhead

I did it to someone. I saw it when I went to retrieve my bike. Fortunately the other person had not returned. The more bikes there are on the street the more likely that one will be ridden by a pillock like me.

Top Bottom