Primary position advertisement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Terminator,

For all I know you may be a brilliant cyclist, but it is also possible that you are very bad. I have had a few occasions where drivers have done something stupid and used the 'I'm a cyclist don't you know' line. It's a very lame line.

Great, you have been a cyclist for 27 years and have avoided accidents all that time. Great. Have you ever heard the story of the fabled great aunt, who smoked all her life and died a peaceful death at the age of 104? Does that mean that smoking is safe?

Keep cycling your way, that is your prerogative. However, your way is not safe for the majority.

Getting all aggressive just because we don't agree with you is just a little childish. I get crticised a lot (look at some of the comments of my videos :biggrin: ), but if I put up the videos, I expect that that will happen. I try to explain my position, and sometimes I change someones mind. Often I don't and I get more abuse (cocygirl1980 is a prime example! :biggrin:). However, there is nothing to be gained by (as Twenty Inch as pointed out) throwing your rattle out of the pram.

We all have something to learn. It doesn't matter how long we have been cycling.

Tynan

Veteran
did someone dis cyclecraft?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
You know what I said before Terminator? I reckon we all get away with sometimes riding a teeny bit less than optimally for two reasons. One is that you're a very good and very experienced cyclist, and two is that cycling is so very safe anyway.

That still doesn't excuse riding that way or our mistakes!

Twenty Inch said:
Throwing your rattle out of your pram there, Terminator. Perhaps you wouldn't need two 6v motorcycle horns on your bike if you rode in primary?

What has that got to do with it?

The horns are mainly for the benefit of pedestrians and idiots on mobile phones in cars and on foot.

you have been a cyclist for 27 years

Looks like you didn't read my post properly.(cycle commuting for 27 years)

Getting all aggressive just because we don't agree with you is just a little childish

Never said I didn't agree with the way you cycle I just don't try and promote it like im trying to convert someone religion wise so to speak.

BentMikey said:
You know what I said before Terminator? I reckon we all get away with sometimes riding a teeny bit less than optimally for two reasons. One is that you're a very good and very experienced cyclist, and two is that cycling is so very safe anyway.

That still doesn't excuse riding that way or our mistakes!

Generally it's motorists mistakes and bad driving we have to cover for eh?:smile:

Top Bottom