Princess Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Sorry to see my post regarding Kate has been closed due to continual derailment and spoiling . A lot of people on here my self included took the opportunity to talk about their feelings about cancer either as having cancer and recovered or knows someone who has had cancer.

I didn’t see any of the deleted posts. I have always found that people posting on the cafe have always been supportive in the posts were the the posters have suffered personal trauma or life changing illnesses

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Sorry to see my post regarding Kate has been closed due to continual derailment and spoiling . A lot of people on here my self included took the opportunity to talk about their feelings about cancer either as having cancer and recovered or knows someone who has had cancer.

I didn’t see any of the deleted posts. I have always found that people posting on the cafe have always been supportive in the posts were the the posters have suffered personal trauma or life changing illnesses

So many threads in here sadly end up the same way now. :sad: It’s spoiling the forum I think.

I didn’t think it was turning particularly political, but I have my suspicions that a select few whose noses got put out of joint having to move to NACA perhaps stir things by reporting every little thing they deem even vaguely contentious.

gbb

Legendary Member
I may have not helped. I quoted a post re the unmentionable subject and it got deletef...my mistake it seems, done with the best intent, but I understand the mods reasoning with hindsight.

But to reiterate the other part of my post , hope she, and anyone else suffering, gets beyond it.
There cant be many people who don't know someone that is or has fought cancer, so to be anthing other than sympathetic, is crass imo.

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
So many threads in here sadly end up the same way now. :sad: It’s spoiling the forum I think.

I didn’t think it was turning particularly political, but I have my suspicions that a select few whose noses got put out of joint having to move to NACA perhaps stir things by reporting every little thing they deem even vaguely contentious.

I agree Mo I’m seriously considering leaving Cycle Chat

Last edited:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
The world appears to be getting more polarised in opinions, Internet forums appear to be on the decline unfortunately due to this, though compared to other social media not as bad.
I chose to ignore the comments that I disagree with or dislike, though don't put people on ignore or leave as it would feel like those who are obsessed with getting their point accross regardless of the thread content have won, but we all lose...

I'm not a royalist - though she is a person, wife and mum etc and deserves our sympathy like all those with cancer or similar

As used to be said, 'if you've got nowt nice to say, say nowt...'

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

I think it would have been better for the forum if NACA had been binned as originally planned. It causes nothing but trouble which spills over to the main forum and the minority who use it could find plenty of political forums where they could post away to their hearts content.

I must say though it is nowhere near as bad as it was before the various flounces where members of The Great and Good gathered their skirts and stormed off because someone disagreed with them.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I think it would have been better for the forum if NACA had been binned as originally planned. It causes nothing but trouble which spills over to the main forum and the minority who use it could find plenty of political forums where they could post away to their hearts content.

I must say though it is nowhere near as bad as it was before the various flounces where members of The Great and Good gathered their skirts and stormed off because someone disagreed with them.

I quite like NACA being there, I occasionally pop to have a look at the circular arguments that go on and on and gald that they're on there and not here

Brandane

Legendary Member
Some people don't seem able to see her as the person she is. Her position only came about through fate and meeting her Prince. Maybe some are jealous of that. Beneath it all she is Kate Middleton, who came from a fairly normal hard working family. She is a young woman; a mother of 3 young children; a sister, a daughter, a wife, aunt, and friend to many. She gets the publicity because of her position, which at times I am sure makes her wish she was still ordinary Kate Middleton.
I wish her all the best and a full and speedy recovery; as I am sure the vast majority of people throughout the world do.

DRM

Guru
And despite asking for privacy, Sky News this morning were going on and on, dragging various experts in to spout nonsense & twaddle, people who don’t even know her, yet pontificate at length about nothing, just leave her alone, will you, hopefully as of tomorrow something else will be occupying their tiny brains, and Kate will get left alone, I’m no royalist but this intrusion of her privacy is really offensive

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Some people don't seem able to see her as the person she is. Her position only came about through fate and meeting her Prince. Maybe some are jealous of that. Beneath it all she is Kate Middleton, who came from a fairly normal hard working family. She is a young woman; a mother of 3 young children; a sister, a daughter, a wife, aunt, and friend to many. She gets the publicity because of her position, which at times I am sure makes her wish she was still ordinary Kate Middleton.
I wish her all the best and a full and speedy recovery; as I am sure the vast majority of people throughout the world do.

She's middle aged at 42 not a young woman really. Her position didn't come around through fate at all. She waited for him for years whilst he dithered about deciding what to do regarding marrying her etc.
What a dreadful time the Royal Family are having of it at the moment with one issue and another.
I hope she makes a good recovery and also so do all the other people in this country who are suffering with cancer and other illnesses.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
And despite asking for privacy, Sky News this morning were going on and on, dragging various experts in to spout nonsense & twaddle, people who don’t even know her, yet pontificate at length about nothing, just leave her alone, will you, hopefully as of tomorrow something else will be occupying their tiny brains, and Kate will get left alone, I’m no royalist but this intrusion of her privacy is really offensive

In the shop this morning we had to laugh at the Sun. They have been bleating about respecting her privacy for a week or more, yet accompanying this mornings front page lead was a banner, "See also pages 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Mike_P

Guru
Gem at the foot on the front of the Times.
The princess deserves compassion and privacy, leading article, page 27.

That's after the first seven pages on guess what.

AndyRM

XOXO

I can't think of a single spat which has carried over from NCAP to here.

DRM

Guru
In the shop this morning we had to laugh at the Sun. They have been bleating about respecting her privacy for a week or more, yet accompanying this mornings front page lead was a banner, "See also pages 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Gem at the foot on the front of the Times.
The princess deserves compassion and privacy, leading article, page 27.

That's after the first seven pages on guess what.
And they wonder why they can't sell newspapers these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom