Principia rs6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User32269

Auto correct is rubbish!

I was asking as I've ridden a few friends ALU(!) bikes, some very decent machines, have never found any that feel as comfortable as steel. I love the looks of this Principia (auto correct check!) just wondered if it rode nice.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@odav i have not ridden as many alu bikes as i have steel ones that is for sure , but so far i like this one

it feels nice and nimble for sure and very smooth and like you say it looks good even standing still , the frame is neatly done with a real mix of tube sizes and profiles .

I am starting to see why @DCLane told me to ride it and when you look on the internet an awful lot of them seem to have been used in triathalons etc etc and i wouldnt be surprised if this one hadnt been either looking at the faded ghost writing on the top tube .

Not sure what my plans are for it yet , but for the moment i have a mate who's wife is looking at trying a road bike has been offered it on a trial loan if she doesnt take me up then once i have done a few more testing miles i will just ride it for a while and save the better bikes for the drier weather ^_^

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I was asking as I've ridden a few friends ALU(!) bikes, some very decent machines, have never found any that feel as comfortable as steel. I love the looks of this Principia (auto correct check!) just wondered if it rode nice.

To answer that, they ride better than most aluminium bikes, possibly an advantage of being hand-built with the accompanying high price. I've an aluminium Eastway as a winter bike which is quite harsh and a Spesh Secteur that's only soft because of zertz inserts. The Principia's the best I've found for coping with the pot-holed roads of my commute, partly because they have a specially designed fork. Which @biggs682 means if it breaks that's often the end of the bike unfortunately.

My Principia RSLe will be appearing on The Bike Channel in the next 4-6 weeks as well :tongue:

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
To answer that, they ride better than most aluminium bikes, possibly an advantage of being hand-built with the accompanying high price. I've an aluminium Eastway as a winter bike which is quite harsh and a Spesh Secteur that's only soft because of zertz inserts. The Principia's the best I've found for coping with the pot-holed roads of my commute, partly because they have a specially designed fork. Which @biggs682 means if it breaks that's often the end of the bike unfortunately.

My Principia RSLe will be appearing on The Bike Channel in the next 4-6 weeks as well :tongue:

I have seen about the forks on quite a few websites i looked at

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
When I picked this up last week the previous owner said it was dusty due to lack of use .

Well a few days later and it has been ridden every day the dust has gone and replaced with mud and dirt

WP_20170202_001.jpg

Hence my comments Is a top end bike worth it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well this mornings ride of 29.5 miles was done on the Principia thats its longest ride to date under my steam , all went well and really comfy to ride , just need to swap the Smp lite 209 on then we are sorted .

16425861_1355891471130152_2161489458588694037_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom