Privacy and Youtube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
BentMikey said:
There's an additional way - just host the video yourself. A bit of creativity will get it just as far up the google rankings. There's also Vimeo and the other video sharing sites.

If the CTC get it sorted they were going to get video uploads to StopSMIDSY too, so that would be another option, plus they have greater power than single people like you, me or Jamey.

What they did with Jamey was sh*tty but its all in their T&Cs. They can remove anything they want (just a shame they dont get their act together and remove all the real copyright infringments on there :blush:)

With the CTC site who would really look at vids other than cyclists who already know the issues. Youtube might not be perfect but hopefully vids are viewed by that one individual willing to change.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It doesn't have to be on youtube to get publicity - as long as you can get their reg up the search listings in Google, then they have the publicity that they are so keen to avoid.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
BentMikey said:
It doesn't have to be on youtube to get publicity - as long as you can get their reg up the search listings in Google, then they have the publicity that they are so keen to avoid.

Based on the Forum, I can't see the CTC appreciating yours and Magger's effing and jeffing.xx(

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
What are you talking about?

I'm referring to getting the rego up the rankings in Google, so that video can be put up anywhere, such as your own hosting so as to avoid the problem of youtube taking down stuff.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
HLaB said:
With the CTC site who would really look at vids other than cyclists who already know the issues. Youtube might not be perfect but hopefully vids are viewed by that one individual willing to change.

I think the idea with that is to allow campaigners to use the vids, not for other cyclists to view them. Serious problems caught on video would then be refered to councils and police forces etc.

A big issue here is... anyone can report it... because how will youtube verify the owner of that car is the actual person making the report...

gaz said:
Jamie re-uploaded the video and blurred out the plate and didn't display any of it's details in the meta data, description or title. No grounds to complain after that.
I as of yet haven't had anything like that happen. But I have been contacted directly by a company and I removed the footage I had as I felt his driver had learnt from his mistake.

Well I did go and just post it up in the comments though :laugh: makes it a bit harder to search on the world wide interweb. Original is still up on vholdr though.

If I was him, I would have just posted it again with it in the title, over and over again.

BentMikey said:

YouTube is owned by Google... hence gets a very high placement in the rankings... a registration plate will pretty much get top result if it is put in the video title. This is why it's better in the title rather than the tags, which only really suit internal youtube searches.

Top Bottom