Privacy on this site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
yup No1, the second hit is from Cyclinguk forum weird that the top 2 hits for memory map are from cycling forums

PK99

Legendary Member
I think many people don't believe in privacy any more, judging by the fact that they have intimate conversations on crowded buses and trains with their phones on speaker!

As he was getting off the bus one day a friend said to such a lady: (I paraphrase)

"I know you live in the white detached house near the entrance to the park. You were burgled a couple of weeks ago and do not have an alarm. And you are going on holiday for two weeks on Saturday."

Stephenite

Membå
CC gets a lot of attention from Google. I came up with a bodge fix for a bug in the mapping software that I use and made use of CC's Google-fu to get my bodge to #1 in the Google results!

At least it is #1 for me - I would be interested to hear if it is the same result for you in Denmark ... If you search for 'memory map grey squares bug' do you get my thread on CC as the #1 result?
No.1 here in Norway!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I was surprised as I thought this was a closed group. How can I prevent my CC posts becoming available to the public.
Are you serious? This is a public website on the public internet, accessible (with the exception of a couple of boards accessible only by members of the public who are motivated to sign up) by the entire web-connected population of the entire world. How do you suppose potential members find it other than using a search engine?

If you don't want your CC posts becoming available to the public, don't make any.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I recently wrote a short review of a sleeping bag on this site. Today I googled the make and model of the sleeping bag and my CC review came up in the search engine.

I was surprised as I thought this was a closed group. How can I prevent my CC posts becoming available to the public.
CycleChat isn't a closed group and to the best of my knowledge never has been (with the exception of certain members only sections and private conversations).

Anything that you can read without being logged in can be read by anyone; member, non-member or search engine bot. The same applies to all publicly viewable forums on the net.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@steveindenmark did you not want your review to be read by other interested people?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
As a test, I just logged out, and there's two differences with CC.
I didn't see the one 'closed shop' forum we have,
I did see a load of adverts!
Seriously, pretty much all fora are open for non-members to read, be it us, YACF, Pistonheads or any other.
It's what makes the internet what it is, for better or worse.

Top Bottom