Privacy on this site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Shock as man posting on internet finds his posts on the internet ^_^

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
On another forum I'm on, there is a NSFW tag you can add, which i believe prevents the thread from appearing in google searches. But as others have said, if you type it in, expect it to be public

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
If you are interested in maintaining your privacy on a public forum, use a pseudonym (for example, amazingly, Flying Monkey is not actually my real name!*) and not the same pseudonym as you use on any other forum you frequent, don't use a personal photo, and do not put (accurate) personal information in your profile etc...

*Personally I don't care that much, I've just always been Flying Monkey on cycling forums, and a few people know who I am IRL, although interestingly, data aggregators don't seem to have made the connection...

bladderhead

Adaptability was an important criterion for the original design specification of the internet. So was openness. So was the idea that it would be a network without a single control centre. All this made it easy for anyone to add their computer to it. So we all did. Including the nasty people. The more adaptable an idea is, the more it will be adapted.

Top Bottom