Private car reg plate.....is there a way to check its history?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Even if I felt I could fritter away £X000 on a decent private plate, I would not do so.
I really can't understand why some people wish to make themselves so easily identifiable.
Damien Hurst knocks round these parts; last time I saw him he was driving an old Peugeot 407, which looked a bit of a beater. That's the way to slip under the radar.
We're all different I could never spend the amount some people spend on their cycling clothing not to mention their bikes

dodgy

It's handy sometimes, for instance if you see a plate beginning with B055, you know that he's the owner of his own small business with a few employees and also a complete self-gratification artist.

Slick

Guru
We were discussing private plates today.
No offence intended :stop: but don’t understand why people pay for them.
Mr M thinks they are a waste of money but some of his family have them.
He is probably quite right, although I bought my old mum a personalised plate years back for her birthday and she loved it. I now display it on my jeep with some pride despite others that think they know me trying to work out why I have a plate with someone else's initials on it. ^_^

I remember the fad, many years ago, for those stickers at the top of windscreen with names on them e.g. John & Mary. That was considered quite showy and a little bit 'common'.

Personalised number plates are the same, in my opinion, but come at a much higher price.

I love the plates where you have to guess what they are meant to say because the owners clearly could not find or afford the cost of accurate ones

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We're all different I could never spend the amount some people spend on their cycling clothing not to mention their bikes
The cost is not the reason why I wouldn't have one.
It's a matter of privacy as far as I'm concerned.

screenman

Legendary Member
The cost is not the reason why I wouldn't have one.
It's a matter of privacy as far as I'm concerned.

But think of you had DRA60 nobody would know it was you.

Drago

Legendary Member
I got a cherished plate for my 40th, bit that's on retention. I might stick it on the Vulva. Mrs d has one too.

Both of ours spell something meaningful. If you have to fiddle with the spacing or doctor the characters you're a wannabe.

My favourite is G16OLO which was on a local ferrari.

screenman

Legendary Member
I got a cherished plate for my 40th, bit that's on retention. I might stick it on the Vulva. Mrs d has one too.

Both of ours spell something meaningful. If you have to fiddle with the spacing or doctor the characters you're a wannabe.

My favourite is G16OLO which was on a local ferrari.

Blast, you spotted me.

D

Deleted member 26715

There si one plate that should be put on most cars PEN1S

Top Bottom