prize winning poem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dav1d

My brother bought a card for our sister's Birthday with a long message on it, but I pointed out that none of it was ryhming (I know it doesn't have to, but it was a pretty poor effort from the author!), so he decided to actually do my joke suggestion: write a poem himself, which he did pretty well and even took a humerous dig at the writer!

Whilst I have written poetry myself in the past, I don't usually in cards, it's usually a humerous cartoon or a drawing: in the card I gave my sister, it had a hand drawn picture of Lewis Hamilton (she likes Formula 1), there's always too much space that's just begging to be drawn on!:angry:

Noodley

Haiku shaiku....

Here's one from my days at Uni, an ode to one of my lecturers (she was called Dorothy). I wrote the first two lines in the pub after a few pints, and the last two lines the morning after:

Dot, Dot, Dot
You're hot, hot, hot

Actually
You're not, not, not
A lot, a lot, a lot

Bandini

Noodley said:
Haiku shaiku....

Here's one from my days at Uni, an ode to one of my lecturers (she was called Dorothy). I wrote the first two lines in the pub after a few pints, and the last two lines the morning after:

Dot, Dot, Dot
You're hot, hot, hot

Actually
You're not, not, not
A lot, a lot, a lot

I take it you weren't a lit student :angry:

Top Bottom