Pro bike fit , saddle set back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I always assumed that according to the uci saddle setback should be 5 cm minimum, i was looking at the fit of matthew Lloyd who happens to be the same height as me ( i know leg length, etc can vary ) and its the 1st one i have seen that is even close but his saddle setback is 29 mm on a 44 frame which is not available on the merida website .
Anyway this is his set up for a 5 foot 7 "
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pro-bike-matthew-lloyds-lampre-merida-merida-scultura-sl
Rider's height: 1.71m (5' 7")
Rider's weight: 62kg (137lb)
Saddle height, from BB: (c-t) 701mm
Saddle setback: 29mm
Seat tube length, c-t: 440mm
Seat tube length, c-c: 402mm
Tip of saddle nose to C of bars (next to stem): 495mm
Saddle-to-bar drop (vertical): 105mm
Head tube length: 110mm
Top tube length: 515mm
Mine...
height 5 foot 7 "
weight 148 llbs
saddle height from BB:690mm
saddle set back: 40 mm
tip of saddle to centre of bars : 500 mm
bar drop : erm about 60 mm

U

User6179

Im 5 11 with 30 inch inside leg(short) and my saddle is only 30mm set back , think if your thigh is disapropriately small compared to the rest of your leg then you need the seat forward to get the power down on the pedals.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Cyberknight, are you sure you have 40cm of setback? That would put my bum over the back axle!
Hes sitting on his mudguard:eek: , think he meant 40mm.
Yes , edited for accuracy !
I think i have found the reason, us more "compact "riders who ride smaller frames can be allowed to ride with a smaller distance from saddle to BB under an exception.
Particularities
1.3.019 The distances mentioned in footnotes to the articles 1.3.012 and 1.3.015 above may be reduced where that is necessary for morphological reasons.
By morphological reasons should be understood everything to do with the size and limb-length of the rider.
Any rider who, for these reasons, considers that he needs to use a bicycle of lesser dimensions than those given shall inform the Commissaires Panel to that effect when presenting his licence.

In that case, the Panel may conduct the following test. Using a plumb-line, they shall check to see whether, when pedalling, the point of the rider’s knee when at its foremost position passes beyond
a vertical line passing through the pedal spindle , or KOPS rule .

ucigraphic.jpg

Top Bottom