Pro Bike Kit phone number - seems elsuive anyone have it please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luba

As title.

Bought a bike from them in May. Continuous problems and hassle. Ignore all email messages even though they sold me a faulty and dangerous bike.

Does anyone have their number please?

I don't want to be against forum rules or anything but I've spunked £600 on a bike that is a joke - and I can't contact the company it was bought from!!

I am an experience online shopper for around 10 years +. Never had I had such appalling "CS".

No doubt PBK defenders come out the woodwork here.

Well if you are please share their phone number and they can prove that they aren't just a rip off shambles!!

Thanks

MrWill

Did not know PBK was under and umbrella company called the Hut Group.

Companies like this are the worst, best avoided. They only exist purely for profits above all else by far, leads to bad CS etc.

Look at the state, they are even doing their best to get bad reviews deleted, like Ribble did ( and succeeded) when they employed a marketing manager at the beginning or the year.

https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.probikekit.com

Whats is up with the bike?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A number you could try is 01606-336-164. That is the number for their affiliate marketing rep who may not want to field such a call, but you could point out that the company is about to get a lot of bad press here on a big cycling forum if your problem is not sorted out ASAP!

jack smith

Veteran
Odd they sent me one incorecct item in an order once and said i could keep it and they sent me a replacement and further free bottles of ice tea.

OP
OP
L

Luba

Did not know PBK was under and umbrella company called the Hut Group.

Companies like this are the worst, best avoided. They only exist purely for profits above all else by far, leads to bad CS etc.

Look at the state, they are even doing their best to get bad reviews deleted, like Ribble did ( and succeeded) when they employed a marketing manager at the beginning or the year.

https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.probikekit.com

Whats is up with the bike?

Many people seem unaware that they are part of The Hut Group - an utter shambles...

snorri

Legendary Member
Contact your bank or credit card company immediately.
If they are not answering emails, and have no working 'phone line listed on their website it sounds as if you have been conned.
I only know because I was similarly conned earlier this year, thankfully my bank refunded my money with little delay.

OP
OP
L

Luba

I am currently 29 minutes into a phone call - I will post their number - TBH they couldn't give a flying fig...

Why oh why did I buy from this awful company?!! LOL

OP
OP
L

Luba

Can only assume the guy on their CS has gone on his lunch break... cheers mate!!

31 minutes and counting...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When you do finally speak to someone, you might like to mention that a lot of people are monitoring this thread to see how they handle your complaint, and we will keep bumping it back up until they do!

OP
OP
L

Luba

When you do finally speak to someone, you might like to mention that a lot of people are monitoring this thread to see how they handle your complaint, and we will keep bumping it back up until they do!

Thank you and Good!!! People need to be aware of them IMO. Never again. An utter nightmare. They also need to be aware that this is a company under "The Hut". If you have any online experience, like I do, - Just avoid em at all costs. I fell for the cheap price, knowing that. £20, £30 might be worth a gamble.

£600 certainly ain't!!!

Phone number is 0161 813 1710 - 47 blo0dy minutes ago!

Problems ever since I bought the bike - which allegedly just needed bars and pedals attached. Shifting, indexing ... and even bar tape was wrapped the wrong way.

They said that I needed things adjusted. I got the indexing and bar tape sorted - at my cost.

I had done under 100 miles - due to injury. Just got over the peak of a hill - and noticed that my left crank arm was dragging along the floor!!! LOL.

That is incredibly dangerous seeing that it was signed off by "Mike" as checked. The torque on that is 12-14NM.

I find this so completely unacceptable on a "new" bike. PBK couldn't care less. It was out of their 30 day "checking" period!

I have learnt a huge lesson - that sellers don't actually check what they sign off. Well PBK certainly don't.... potentially lethally dangerous.

Note to PBK - if a crankarm is correctly torqued - 12-14 NM - there is NO chance it could just fall off! Idiots!!

PBK have ignored all my messages and pictures of damage and signed off as safe. They have then been as awkward as is possible.

They said I only had a 30 day "check" warranty... Hmmm - OK.

They want me to send the bike back to them.

I pointed out that I have 0% faith in them fixing anything. Seeing that they sent out a potentially lethal, but "checked" - by Mike, bike. That would have cost me £10.

PBK are reneging on their contract. I bought the bike from them via CC as I was aware that The Hut Group are fraudulent.

I knew that The Hut Group were a joke - but still bought off them - lol!!

This is a warning. Don't bother. Buy from a reputable retailer - one that has easily accessible phone number is a start!

More fool me.

Utter conmerchants....

vickster

Legendary Member
As above call your CC company...assuming you paid by CC and not debit card (then it becomes more awkward)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Prior to my two year sabbatical Probikekit were my retailer of choice, I never had a problem with them so I'm surprised if they have gone down the pan now. I do notice they seem to offer much less choice now and they are no longer competitive on price compared to the other online retailers. It will be a pity if they have let their standards drop as my best ever frame came from them and they were extremely helpful, they always displayed the contact number on their site and it used to be quickly answered by people who knew what they were talking about.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I only used them once and that was to take advantage of some mispriced energy gels. They had priced a box of 24 as a single unit on quite a few items.

vickster

Legendary Member
I ordered some parts from them late last year, don't recall any issues. I think the parts were cheaper than Wiggle/CRC. Not used them for ages, but do get a lot of emails from them!

It's this sort of experience that puts me off buying bikes online (not that I am buying any more bikes :whistle: )

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I used them a few years back along with My Protein and was very happy.

I remember MP getting taken over (by The Hut Group it would seem) and a quick Google sees PBK being acquired by The Hut Group in 2013.

Last edited:
Top Bottom