Pro compulsion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
1486364 said:
So, as ever, you are not answering the question as posed but answering an alternative question which you prefer. So much for the straight question straight answer promise.

answered it with yes, a simply do not agree with your statement. If your against forcing people to wear helmets based on them making up their own mind why do you wish to force your will on me? i await your next lot of abuse based on not forcing your will upon me

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
sorry didnt mean that, just meant 'things'

but back to your point, i dont find it acceptable although i didnt wear a helmet when i was young, this doesnt make me a hypocrite as tthere are other examples, if you follow me

im not saying all people agree with me, just that im not a hypocrite

No sorry I don't follow you.

You specifically said that society finds it unacceptable. This is not true.
You now change it to ' things' are not acceptable. This is true.
Do you agree that society do not find non helmet wearing not acceptable?

It was ok for you to not wear a helmet but not your children, that is hypocritical what ever way you look at it.
What happened when you was young and was cycling that you now feel the need to force your children to wear a helmet and would deny them the simple pleasures of riding a bike if they didn't want to. Do you find cycling a dangerous activity? Do you think it's right to portray to your kids the same.

Fully understanding that it's not an issue with your kids but at what age will you allow your children to make their own decision as to whether they want to wear a helmet or not?

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
No sorry I don't follow you.

You specifically said that society finds it unacceptable. This is not true.
You now change it to ' things' are not acceptable. This is true.
Do you agree that society do not find non helmet wearing acceptable?

yes i do, i did not specifically say society finds it unacceptable, or at least i did not mean to sya that, thought i had cleared that up in the last post.

you seem keener to try to pick fault or point score than discuss the topic

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
1486369 said:
You had a straight choice, based on a real World situation. People turning up without helmets refused training. People with given training. You have invented a new and for you, easier to deal with, third way of giving helmets to those without so they can be trained.
Admirable those this is in many ways it is not one of the options in the question to which you promised a straight answer.
I therefore have to revert to my original observation. You are being disingenuous.

not at all i answered you, the answer was yes. i merely dont believe it should have issues surrounding it as helmets can easily be provided

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
It was ok for you to not wear a helmet but not your children, that is hypocritical what ever way you look at it.
What happened when you was young and was cycling that you now feel the need to force your children to wear a helmet and would deny them the simple pleasures of riding a bike if they didn't want to. Do you find cycling a dangerous activity? Do you think it's right to portray to your kids the same.

Fully understanding that it's not an issue with your kids but at what age will you allow your children to make their own decision as to whether they want to wear a helmet or not?

i have the choice to ensure my children wear helmets or not. that choice was not given to me as a child as i was never given a helmet, so the situation was forced upon me. I am ensuring they wear one, cycling is potentially dangerous as people and children do die when riding a bike, do you claim nobody is at any risk at all when on a bike?

im not sure what age i will allow them to make their own choice, they are nowhere near close yet, maybe 16? ill cross that bridge when i come to it

I am ensuring they wear one, cycling is potentially dangerous as people and children do die when riding a bike, do you claim nobody is at any risk at all when on a bike?

Rather a weak argument?

If the justification simply boils down to "it is not absolutely safe" and people die when undertaking an activity then we are again going to have to widen the debate?

To put this in context?

Walking is potentially dangerous as people and children do die when walking, do you claim nobody is at any risk at all when walking?

Going to school is potentially dangerous as people and children do die when going to school, do you claim nobody is at any risk at all when going to school?

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Rather a weak argument?

If the justification simply boils down to "it is not absolutely safe" and people die when undertaking an activity then we are again going to have to widen the debate?

To put this in context?

Walking is potentially dangerous as people and children do die when walking, do you claim nobody is at any risk at all when walking?

Going to school is potentially dangerous as people and children do die when going to school, do you claim nobody is at any risk at all when going to school?

i have never claimed walking is without risk at all, but you know i have claimed that when i walk i am at less risk than cycling and thereofre wear a helmet when cycling and not walking, something many people agree with, anyone who thinks otherwise is in the minority

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yes i do, i did not specifically say society finds it unacceptable, or at least i did not mean to sya that, thought i had cleared that up in the last post.

you seem keener to try to pick fault or point score than discuss the topic

No I don't think so. Some simple questions is all I asked. Not point scoring at all.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
1486375 said:
Yes what? Yes they should be refused training, or yes they should be given the training helmet or not?
yes they should be refused training quite obviously, they are the rules, not my rules mind you. And dont go saying 'so you consider a helmet better than training' because as you know that is not my view and hence my reluctance to answer a point that i do not agree with. i dont agree with refusing training i feel protection and training are both important and should both be advised and encouraged, that is my view now, was my view then and was still my view after you became abusive

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
No I don't think so. Some simple questions is all I asked. Not point scoring at all.

so you now follow?

and to point out, many people do believe in cycle helmets hence all the fuss about children having to wear them before training, so many people in society are pro helmet

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
i have the choice to ensure my children wear helmets or not. that choice was not given to me as a child as i was never given a helmet, so the situation was forced upon me. I am ensuring they wear one, cycling is potentially dangerous as people and children do die when riding a bike, do you claim nobody is at any risk at all when on a bike?

im not sure what age i will allow them to make their own choice, they are nowhere near close yet, maybe 16? ill cross that bridge when i come to it

I do not claim that at all. People are at risk going about their daily lives not just with cycling.

Why 16? And how will you cross that bridge?

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
1486379 said:
Do you ever cycle to the park with you children? When you get there do they then take the helmets off before playing on the equipment?

yes i do and i manage to do it without swearing at people who have a different opinion such as letting their children ride without a helmet

yes i let them play on the equipment without fear as it is completely safe. the ground is made of that spongy stuff and they are exposed to any potential risk for less time

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
I do not claim that at all. People are at risk going about their daily lives not just with cycling.

Why 16? And how will you cross that bridge?

im guessing at 16 as thats when people start having the ability to form their own judgements, i will cross that bridge as they may mature sooner

how will i cross that bridge? not sure, i guess it will happen naturally, our relationships are very strong and supportive, we have no issues and wont have. do you feel this would be difficult?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
so you now follow?

and to point out, many people do believe in cycle helmets hence all the fuss about children having to wear them before training, so many people in society are pro helmet
Yes they are many pro helmet people out there. But you are clearly forcing your views on others and not allowing them to make a decision based on what you said that society finds non helmet wearing unacceptable when society clealy doesn't.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Yes they are many pro helmet people out there. But you are clearly forcing your views on others and not allowing them to make a decision based on what you said that society finds non helmet wearing unacceptable when society clealy doesn't.

?? but i cleared that up?? ive said twice now that is not what i meant, why do you keep making out i said something i didnt or didnt mean? thats exactly why these conversations get nowehere, you misunderstood(maybe my fault at first) a point i made, i cleared it up and you keep going back to it.

once again all this does is make you look desperate to find any small loop hole and grasp it as 'evidence' of pro compulsion. this is a wild assumption that is incorrect as said many times before.

then you claim you are not point scoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom