Pro compulsion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
As described on another helmet thread it seems that a sticking point is the issue of pro compulsion. So to separate the debates can we discuss pro compulsion for and against here to free up the other threads for discussion of the OP

So, do you vote for:

1. Compulsion
2. Against compulsion
3. Part compulsion based on age
4. Part compulsion based on any other criteria
5. Further investigation
6. Just leave it as it is
7. Improve other areas and leave it as it is
8. Any other i have missed out

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You need a poll before you get any idea of the general view.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Only fair that I start given i have posted this,

5. further investigation, im not in favour of any rule coming about unless it has been thoroughly thought through(lots of th's there!) I firmly believe helmets are of value so for me thats not up for debate but to make it law who, when and were would it benefit. If regular cyclists are the least at risk compulsion for all would not target the right audience, my suspicion is its the part time cyclist who is most at risk, if this is the case you cannot bring it in only for newbies, would be difficult, so would air on the side of helmet promotion, encouragement and improving cycle skills.

in fact, can anyone think of any other means to improve safety, a cycle license?

Tyke

6. Each to his/her own choice on weather to wear or not. I do but it is My choice.

tigger

Über Member
I'm not sure where I stand with this one. I personmally wear a helmet, so if it was mandatory it wouldn't adversely effect me. But I respect that not everyone wants to wear one and they currently have a choice. In those cases then I suppose I could be either 1,2 or 6.

Maybe I'll sit on the fence - what do you mean by number 7.

lukesdad

6. Just leave it as it is

this is a cycling forum NOT a f**** helmet forum now can we please move on

I had a nice ride today, did you, well I thought it was nice and got some eggs from the farm :smile:

Why are you posting in helmet debates then get back to the rest of the forum.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
I'm not sure where I stand with this one. I personmally wear a helmet, so if it was mandatory it wouldn't adversely effect me. But I respect that not everyone wants to wear one and they currently have a choice. In those cases then I suppose I could be either 1,2 or 6.

aim to improve riding knowledge and skills etc, anything really that could improve safety that wasnt helmet based

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Only fair that I start given i have posted this,

5. further investigation, im not in favour of any rule coming about unless it has been thoroughly thought through(lots of th's there!) I firmly believe helmets are of value so for me thats not up for debate but to make it law who, when and were would it benefit. If regular cyclists are the least at risk compulsion for all would not target the right audience, my suspicion is its the part time cyclist who is most at risk, if this is the case you cannot bring it in only for newbies, would be difficult, so would air on the side of helmet promotion, encouragement and improving cycle skills.

in fact, can anyone think of any other means to improve safety, a cycle license?

here it is incase your struggling

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi

i think youve made a very good point tigger, as i also wear a helmet and my children do compulsion wouldnt make any difference to me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom