Pro Lite or 105 or RS10 wheels wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Anyone got a set of shimano compatable wheels for sale in good condition please before I buy some new ones.

I have a pair of Campag Khamsins in black with 10 spd 12-25t cassette to sell or trade

jayce

I have ultegra wheels for sale onlt used for 20 mins

OP
OP
P

peanut

jayce said:
I have ultegra wheels for sale onlt used for 20 mins

I think they will be too expensive for me jayce They are very nice wheels but the pro-Lite wheels I had in mind are only £100.00 new
How much were you thinking of ?

jayce

peanut said:
I think they will be too expensive for me jayce They are very nice wheels but the pro-Lite wheels I had in mind are only £100.00 new
How much were you thinking of ?
I payed 270 i will take offers around £210 posted

OP
OP
P

peanut

Thanks jayce but they are only £229.46 new at Ribble so you seem to have paid too much.
My advert is asking for 105 or RS10 wheels which are sub £100.00 so I'm not sure why you think I would want to spend more than twice as much ;)

PpPete

Legendary Member
If you fancy building them yourself you could get 105 hubs, Mavic Open Pro rims, SS DB Alpina Spokes - total £120 inc Postage from Cyclebasket.

I think they only have 32 or 36 hole - a lot more spokes than an RS10 set - but utterly bombproof!

OP
OP
P

peanut

porkypete said:
If you fancy building them yourself you could get 105 hubs, Mavic Open Pro rims, SS DB Alpina Spokes - total £120 inc Postage from Cyclebasket.

I think they only have 32 or 36 hole - a lot more spokes than an RS10 set - but utterly bombproof!

mmm tempting but lots of work and I haven't got a wheel jig .
I quite like the look of the pro-lite rims actually .

I already use some 32 hole MA3's which have lasted over 6 years now. They just look so dated now I want something that looks a bit more sexy :wacko:

PpPete

Legendary Member
peanut said:
mmm tempting but lots of work and I haven't got a wheel jig .
I quite like the look of the pro-lite rims actually .

I already use some 32 hole MA3's which have lasted over 6 years now. They just look so dated now I want something that looks a bit more sexy ;)

Agree with you about MA3's.... but I'm not sure I'd want to spend money on a 20/24 spoke wheelset built in a factory where each builder turns out "up to 60 wheels per day" [quote from the video on the pro-lite site].... however sexy they look.
But then a 32 or 36 spoke design suits an old fogey like me:laugh:

I've got a set of RS10's, done less than 50 miles, look like new but just sitting in the back of the shed gathering dust, make me an offer

OP
OP
P

peanut

HeartAttack said:
I've got a set of RS10's, done less than 50 miles, look like new but just sitting in the back of the shed gathering dust, make me an offer

£50.00 +p&p without the dust :smile:

OP
OP
P

peanut

porkypete said:
Agree with you about MA3's.... but I'm not sure I'd want to spend money on a 20/24 spoke wheelset built in a factory where each builder turns out "up to 60 wheels per day" [quote from the video on the pro-lite site].... however sexy they look.
But then a 32 or 36 spoke design suits an old fogey like me:laugh:

Pete you watched the video :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We have to get a life you and me ;) (another old fogey)

PpPete

Legendary Member
peanut said:
Pete you watched the video :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We have to get a life you and me B) (another old fogey)

Yes - I def. need to be kept away from computers. My fingers got right out of control yesterday and I ended up bidding on, and worse, winning an Ebay auction for a Super Galaxy tandem.

Should really have built the garage extension first....

OP
OP
P

peanut

HeartAttack said:
Sorry I meant to say sensible offer, as stated less than 50 miles from new, and as you know they are now approx £140 new for the pair.

Would you like to try again?? :wacko:

yeah but they only cost you £80 the same as my RS10's did last year from Ribble.B)

thanks anyway but if I've got to spend over £100 on used wheels I'd rather buy the stronger better Pro-lite wheels for £98.00 new :angry:

edit Ribble are selling RS10's for only £98.00 what a bargain !

Top Bottom