Pro-Lite wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Looking to upgrade my wheels and stumbled across a brand called Pro-Lite who Iv never heard of before. Pretty good reveiws on wiggle and they look the business but a couple of independent reviews online reckon they have a few issues with spokes breaking and nipples coming loose etc
Has anyone had any experience with this brand?

e-rider

crappy member
Looking to upgrade my wheels and stumbled across a brand called Pro-Lite who Iv never heard of before. Pretty good reveiws on wiggle and they look the business but a couple of independent reviews online reckon they have a few issues with spokes breaking and nipples coming loose etc
there's not a wheelset in existence that wont have its fair share of bad reviews. Prolight is a well known brand - I'm sure they will be reasonably good whatever!

the_mikey

Legendary Member

I've used their wheels in the past without any complaints, it's hard to generalise about the brand since their products are constantly developing and aren't characterised by any particular shortcomings, my only gripe at the time was the difficulty sourcing spare parts for them. That may or may not have improved.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I will never use Pro-Lite wheels again, not just because they were shite/faulty, I won't make an assertion either way, but because their customer service essentially called me a liar...

Some of their wheels, built with specific hubs have a rep for pinging spokes a lot, but the wheels I have, had no problems of this sort, but they were not built on the hubs with the bad rep. Quite frankly, I was pretty happy with them until they failed, I was even willing to give Pro-Lite the benefit of the doubt, then they suggested I was being dishonest...

Last edited:

Cyclist33

I will never use Pro-Lite wheels again, not just because they were shite/faulty, I won't make an assertion either way, but because their customer service essentially called me a liar...

Some of their wheels, built with specific hubs have a rep for pinging spokes a lot, but the wheels I have, had no problems of this sort, but they were not built on the hubs with the bad rep. Quite frankly, I was pretty happy with them until they failed, I was even willing to give Pro-Lite the benefit of the doubt, then they suggested I was being dishonest...
Maybe you were...

Top Bottom