Pro team kit or normal kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoyPSB

Über Member
Never worn in any club I have been part of and personally would never wear any pro team kit, it's a traditional thing. As for Championship jerseys [polka dot etc] and most especially the rainbow stripes, never. These have been earned and should only be worn by those who are world champions, they are worn with tremendous pride and have respect from all other riders, for others to wear them is to show disrespect to the world champions, a bit like wearing a medal for combat / bravery you never took part in.
On the other hand we do enjoy the hilarious sight of overweight blokes in various tops including the polka dot jersey puffing their way up shallow inclines :smile:.

Sounds like you and your pals would have a good chuckle at me then. Occasionally wear my Sky top and certainly struggle up some inclines. I'm sure it makes you feel everso good!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I have a couple of team jerseys partly because they were cheap. But I don't wear them much; I prefer good quality 'normal' kit; for me, normal though is Castelli, etc.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mainly plain tops. I have a nice Fassa Bortollo top from a few years back. The only other 'team' top is a Specialized 'one less car' top, which isn't a proper team top.

_40133617_petacchi_ap300x300b.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWOkAO5M7dbcHCLWdrYvSjfzVSFaWVq09g7JBggvy1BurCht6PLA.jpg

As for Championship jerseys [polka dot etc] and most especially the rainbow stripes, never. These have been earned and should only be worn by those who are world champions, they are worn with tremendous pride and have respect from all other riders, for others to wear them is to show disrespect to the world champions, a bit like wearing a medal for combat / bravery you never took part in.

jesus - that's a bit extreme.

RAYMOND

I buy/wear what looks good, no team kit yet although i like the radioshack kit of a few years ago.
Wouldn't bother me wearing it either.
I have just purchased a eddy merckx top with advertising on it though.

doctornige

This is not worth agonising over. In my opinion, the sensible move is generic bottoms and a bunch of tops. Like DC Lane, I have Castelli bottoms (because the Prosecco X2 pad is amazing - try and make me sit on anything else), and then wear a range of tops depending on how I feel. Have Castelli jerseys, a Sky one (Adidas) and a club one (Bioracer). In terms of quality, the generic Castelli jersey pisses all over the two branded ones.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Never worn in any club I have been part of and personally would never wear any pro team kit, it's a traditional thing. As for Championship jerseys [polka dot etc] and most especially the rainbow stripes, never. These have been earned and should only be worn by those who are world champions, they are worn with tremendous pride and have respect from all other riders, for others to wear them is to show disrespect to the world champions, a bit like wearing a medal for combat / bravery you never took part in.
On the other hand we do enjoy the hilarious sight of overweight blokes in various tops including the polka dot jersey puffing their way up shallow inclines :smile:.
Thas a bit harsh i feel - why would you laugh at a fellow cyclist. Just cause he might not be as good as you climbing hills, there is no need to laugh. There might be a reason why he is slow.

I'm not out to justify my comments, just pointing out the way it is for me. When you have been a cyclist all your life [dad was a racing cyclist], you are brought up to respect the "hard men and women" of the sport and to respect their achievements.
I don't really care whether someone is overweight or not, it's all good if they are riding a bike, but, please if you are overweight and find going uphill a struggle don't wear the polka dot jersey, it's a bit like someone who can only do the dog paddle lining up for a cross channel swim.

Thas a bit harsh i feel - why would you laugh at a fellow cyclist. Just cause he might not be as good as you climbing hills, there is no need to laugh. There might be a reason why he is slow.
Never laughed at anyone with all the gear and no idea? I don't actually go up to them and laugh in their face but it is definitely worth a private chuckle and FWIW I do help others to climb hills :smile:.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm not out to justify my comments, just pointing out the way it is for me. When you have been a cyclist all your life [dad was a racing cyclist], you are brought up to respect the "hard men and women" of the sport and to respect their achievements.
I don't really care whether someone is overweight or not, it's all good if they are riding a bike, but, please if you are overweight and find going uphill a struggle don't wear the polka dot jersey, it's a bit like someone who can only do the dog paddle lining up for a cross channel swim.

Never laughed at anyone with all the gear and no idea? I don't actually go up to them and laugh in their face but it is definitely worth a private chuckle and FWIW I do help others to climb hills :smile:.

I composed a cogent and persuasive rebuttal of your previous posts. but I have since decided that 'utter cock' will suffice.

Top Bottom