Pro team kit or normal kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Alongside my bike ;) As a rule, I put them in my mouth to avoid loosing them. But, frankly, they're more of a nuisance and I don't know why I risk infection just to pump my tyres up. I'm not even entirely sure what purpose they serve but tube manufacturers supply them so I use them. Hay ho.

Fancy valve caps? Just say no.

They save the threaded part at the top of a presta valve from doing a number on the tube when you roll them up :smile:

I've never had team kit but would probably go for a historic one - La Vie Claire - given half a chance. I wear club kit out with the club and when racing.

But, I do have a Polkadot TDF jersey which I like a lot but rarely ride out anymore.

My next jersey will be a custom made job from a website I found...

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
my next jersey will the british cycle team jersey from wiggle.

ooops just bought that too.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I've got a Wiggle Honda team jersey.. :cry: I don't think I ride for that team, because that would also mean I also thought I had breasts, and I don't :shy: .... I'm not even a holder of man boobs so I'm well out of the loop :whistle:
Neither am I a team wannabe for no other reason than the operation required for me to join looks rather painful :rofl:

Never knew trying to support a English women's team was so complicated.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Although the money the teams make from the sale of said tops does help the teams and individuals continue what they are doing!
Just a thought...
Does that apply to World Champions' jerseys though? Does a % go to the UCI? I also doubt that the fake jersey industry send the teams a contribution.

2pies

Veteran
Agree with an earlier comment about folks in Sky jerseys.....until I was riding up a particularly nasty 25% climb last week and was comfortably passed by a guy wearing one.

Its more the folks riding super-bikes, and struggling, to whom I afford an inwards chuckle. Its not uncommon to see someone puffing and panting up Box Hill riding an S-Works. Better that they've taken up cycling, though.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
an inward chuckle says more about you than the person puffing and panting up box hill on a super-bike such as a S-Works.. why the hell this is amusing when people on boardmans, carrera's and tribans are not is beyond me.
I wish cycling could get past looking down its nose at budget bikes and expecting people who have super-bikes like dogmas to ride like someone from team sky

2pies

Veteran
Look, if someone has the cash to spend £5000 on a bike because they want to look like a pro I'm happy for them. But why buy spend that much cash on a bike and barely ride it? I don't see those guys riding on windy or rainy Sundays.

People on entry-level bikes are often beginners and are building up there stamina. Once you've got that, you know that you'lll get more out of a lighter bike with better components. What do you think buying the best bike straight away says? I'll say it, it makes you look like a spoilt fool. It would be the same if someone turned up to a tennis club once a month with an awesome racket and could barely hit a first serve.

To be clear, I'm not directing this at you. I don't know you. Its just my opinion of some of the folks I see. You may, and probably do, differ in your opinion.

redcard

Veteran
Look, if someone has the cash to spend £5000 on a bike because they want to look like a pro I'm happy for them. But why buy spend that much cash on a bike and barely ride it? I don't see those guys riding on windy or rainy Sundays.

Maybe they keep their expensive bikes for when it's dry? Or are you spending your rides memorising faces of other riders?

Whatever, your opinions don't appear to be based on anything factual, rather your own discriminations and prejudices.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Re. buying expensive bikes when not that "good". I don't think it is all that odd, in fact, I think it is a fairly wise thing to do if you can.

When taking up a hobby, I think it is a good idea to buy the best equipment you can. This way, if you find it is not for you, then at least you know it was not the equipment that was at fault and that it just wasn't for you. Good stuff tends to hold it's value is better than on shoot stuff too, so you will be able sell the stuff on for a reasonable rate should you find it is not for you.

grumpyoldgit

Über Member
Agree with an earlier comment about folks in Sky jerseys.....until I was riding up a particularly nasty 25% climb last week and was comfortably passed by a guy wearing one.

Its more the folks riding super-bikes, and struggling, to whom I afford an inwards chuckle. Its not uncommon to see someone puffing and panting up Box Hill riding an S-Works. Better that they've taken up cycling, though.
My money,my choice,my bike costs you nothing.
I get on my S Works & it just feels like it wants to be ridden fast,well what seems fast for me.I am not the fittest in the world,only ceased being a heavy smoker a few months ago,back to cycling just over a year ago.
I assume you are a works rider & nobody goes past you,thus you are entitled to mock others.

jayonabike