Pro team kit or normal kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I was just about to start a thread about the personalised Sky Rapha jerseys and then found this thread. Virtually all 850 are sold out so there must be demand for them and its all personal taste etc. I struggle to justify wearing any team jersey (much as I like the Sky one). BUT a personalised one. Surely thats a step too far? What's the motivation behind this when people buy them? Genuinely this isn't an attack, but I'm curious as to what message / motivation is at play?
+1
Although im sure you realise cycling is often a team sport so id give that up if I were you ;-)
I don't support any one pro cycling team, or any one individual. I don't see how that excludes me from taking part in cycling as a sport, or being part of a cycling team - in my case my club - and I wear club kit - because I am a member, and the kit identifies me as such. However I cannot understand why any one might want to pretend to be a member of a Pro Team when they are not. Are you saving up for a Pinerello too?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
+1

I don't support any one pro cycling team, or any one individual. I don't see how that excludes me from taking part in cycling as a sport, or being part of a cycling team - in my case my club - and I wear club kit - because I am a member, and the kit identifies me as such. However I cannot understand why any one might want to pretend to be a member of a Pro Team when they are not. Are you saving up for a Pinerello too?
nope - cause if i wanted a pinarello i would just go and by one - but they dont float my boat.

and the message it sounds out is - i like the team sky personalisee shirt along with 850 others who ordered one.

amaferanga

Veteran
nope - cause if i wanted a pinarello i would just go and by one - but they dont float my boat.

and the message it sounds out is - i like the team sky personalisee shirt along with 850 others who ordered one.

849 dentists and you (or 850 dentists if you're one as well).

At least with most of them there'll be no doubt at all that they're not a pro cyclist - the gut and the hairy legs give it away.....

jowwy

849 dentists and you (or 850 dentists if you're one as well).

At least with most of them there'll be no doubt at all that they're not a pro cyclist - the gut and the hairy legs give it away.....
well i maybe 17st but luckily i dont have much of a gut

400bhp

Guru
Do Jonny Foreigners buy replica kit or is this an English Disease?

Like when we wear sandals with socks whilst on holiday. And really badly fitting t-shirts and shorts.

Tom Hooper

is that wrong? its not a team issued kit? its basically a supports jersey? or do i still not conform? i also have cabaye on my toon top and im not french.

Attachments

• BJRbzdYCQAICGIQ.jpg
    BJRbzdYCQAICGIQ.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 99

amaferanga

Veteran
is that wrong? its not a team issued kit? its basically a supports jersey? or do i still not conform? i also have cabaye on my toon top and im not french.

Is that a Chinese fake jersey?

And what's with the comedy gloves when you're wearing shorts and a short sleeve jersey?

Tom Hooper

Is that a Chinese fake jersey?

And what's with the comedy gloves when you're wearing shorts and a short sleeve jersey?
nope got it from the misses for xmas along with the book deal from wiggle. i get very cold hands and feet. working hard enough to keep everything but hand and feet warm.

yello

What's the motivation behind this when people buy them? Genuinely this isn't an attack, but I'm curious as to what message / motivation is at play?

Perfectly summarised. No more and no less.

It doesn't matter if someone doesn't understand the motivation. They don't have to. A team shirt is not everyone's thing and that's fine. Just shrug (if even that reaction is needed!) and move on.

Now valve caps, don't get me started on valve caps ;)

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Now valve caps, don't get me started on valve caps ;)
oh go on, I'm bored with this.... now .... valve caps - just where do you stand on valve caps? Not necessary IMHO. Neither are those little nuts. :smile: I'm talking Presta here, BTW. And as for jokey valve caps - golf balls, skulls, dice, etc, etc, - they're worse than wearing team kit ......

jowwy

i got that sky jersey too - will be getting the softshell jacket too and probably the spray jacket

team sky fanboy me - like the old armstrong fanboys of the past

yello

just where do you stand on valve caps?

Alongside my bike ;) As a rule, I put them in my mouth to avoid loosing them. But, frankly, they're more of a nuisance and I don't know why I risk infection just to pump my tyres up. I'm not even entirely sure what purpose they serve but tube manufacturers supply them so I use them. Hay ho.

Fancy valve caps? Just say no.

Top Bottom