Pro team kit or normal kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
New Rapha Personalised sky short ordered - british flag and surname down the side

bring on the momentous amount of abuse :boxing:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I am convinced some people are so desperate for attention, they would rather get negative attention than no attention!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I can just about understand wanting name + flag on your jersey - but on a replica team jersey? I don't get it. Aren't you just pretending you're a genuine team member? Bit sad really.:thumbsdown:

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Just the same as a footy shirt with gaz or smithy.... on the back. Nothing wrong in my opinion.

jowwy

I can just about understand wanting name + flag on your jersey - but on a replica team jersey? I don't get it. Aren't you just pretending you're a genuine team member? Bit sad really.:thumbsdown:
do you support any football or rugby teams or maybe you have children that do

have you had your name put on the back or the name of your favourite player???

if so, then i see double standards at play here.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
do you support any football or rugby teams or maybe you have children that do

have you had your name put on the back or the name of your favourite player???

if so, then i see double standards at play here.
No I don't, and never have, and my childrten have never been team supporters - more into individual pursuits - athletics, cycling, climbing, walking. Sorry - I don't understand the compulsion.

jowwy

No I don't, and never have, and my childrten have never been team supporters - more into individual pusuits - athletics, cycling, climbing, walking. Sorry - I don't understand the compulsion.
no compulsion - wanted it, got it, paid for it, will wear it - live with it

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Wanted it, got it, paid for it, will wear it, wanted everyone to know and for it to be acknowledged and to be given the opportunity to justify it to everyone, made provoking comment to attract attention to the fact, had it acknowledged and made comment to justify it! - Success, validation acquired

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
No I don't, and never have, and my childrten have never been team supporters - more into individual pursuits - athletics, cycling, climbing, walking. Sorry - I don't understand the compulsion.
Screams doesnt play well with others..... lol
Although im sure you realise cycling is often a team sport so id give that up if I were you ;-)

redcard

Veteran
Screams doesnt play well with others..... lol
Although im sure you realise cycling is often a team sport so id give that up if I were you ;-)

You could also argue that riding around in team kit shows a complete lack of self-awareness.

Anyway, I don't see many Team Sky kits these days. Think most of them left the bike in the shed when the Olympic excitement faded.

tigger

Über Member
I was just about to start a thread about the personalised Sky Rapha jerseys and then found this thread. Virtually all 850 are sold out so there must be demand for them and its all personal taste etc. I struggle to justify wearing any team jersey (much as I like the Sky one). BUT a personalised one. Surely thats a step too far? What's the motivation behind this when people buy them? Genuinely this isn't an attack, but I'm curious as to what message / motivation is at play?

Top Bottom