Pro team kit or normal kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
, people wear certain clothes for particular social situations. .

I don't know about you, but clothes does make the man - as the saying goes - you wear the kit - you feel the kit.
Paintballing in a suit and tie - just does not feel the same.
when I turned up for a training weekend, it won't till you were in uniform you started to switch on to soldiering, marching about in civvies just did not feel right.

same with cycling , you put the kit on - your brain says - your in cycling mode. And the right kit inspires you live upto it. - If you look the part - you are the part.

for me (oddly) its helmet,gloves and shoes that switch my cycling mode on - I will cycle in anything comfortable after that.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I don't know about you, but clothes does make the man - as the saying goes - you wear the kit - you feel the kit.
when I turned up for a training weekend, it won't till you were in uniform you started to switch on to soldiering, marching about in civvies just did not feel right.

same with cycling , you put the kit on - your brain says - your in cycling mode. And the right kit inspires you live upto it. - If you look the part - you are the part.

for me (oddly) its helmet,gloves and shoes that switch my cycling mode on - I will cycle in anything comfortable after that.

Depends if you want to feel like a hitman!

redcard

Veteran

For me I think it was the arm warmers. Probably the shoes and gloves played their part, but I got arm warmers a few months ago (my first cycling winter), and I instantly knew I had the last piece of the jigsaw!

BJH

Über Member
Wear whatever you feel like, I personally couldn't give a rats ass what anyone else is wearing.

If someone wants to wear a team kit they should do so. Same for worlds, yellow, polka dot or pink.

Once you go down the route of snobbery on clothing you end up one step away from the idiotic rules of your local golf club.

As for the Velominati rules, these are the same people who say that you shouldn't drink water for rides under 4 hours - nonsense and dangerous, rather than hard.

D

Deleted member 23692

You do realise the Velominati rules are tongue in cheek?
Unfortunately to what seems like a growing number they are real, true and to be obeyed and preached.

'Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men' (Douglas Bader)

gam001

Über Member
As for the Velominati rules, these are the same people who say that you shouldn't drink water for rides under 4 hours - nonsense and dangerous, rather than hard.
It refers to food not water, but also says:
The exception is, of course, hard rides over two hours and races. Also, if you’re planning on being out for more than four hours, start eating before you get hungry. This also applies to energy drink supplements.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
It refers to food not water, but also says:
The exception is, of course, hard rides over two hours and races. Also, if you’re planning on being out for more than four hours, start eating before you get hungry. This also applies to energy drink supplements.
It's satire. The majority of it is balls, yet people do seem to take it seriously :rolleyes:

BJH

Über Member
Ok stand corrected, but propagating the hard riders don't need anything is nonsense and there are few more on there besides

Kies

One things for sure i wont be wearing a Polka dot jersey, and if i do buy a Sky kit it will be from their shop down Grays Inn Road, so hopefully it wont be a knock off.

I think some peeps need a chill pill.

They have a shop on grays inn road? All i have ever seen is the Condor shop ????

Buy from a reputable dealer and you are (virtually) guaranteed to get the real thing.

Then as always let your budget decide.

Last year's kit is often cleared at silly prices. Why pay more for the same kit?

Top Bottom