Pro team kit or normal kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Why would anyone want to pay to wear cycling kit that advertises the Murdoch empire? Pro riders in team Sky only wear it as they are paid to do so and have sacrificed their principles.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Buying last seasons team kit can be a good way to get hold of some premium kit at budget prices, IF you actually buy team kit made by good brands eg. Castelli. Castelli kit costs a lot usually, but you can buy last season's Garmin kit for reasonable prices, the quality of this kit far exceeds that of other brands and when you can pick it up at dhb prices, it is a bargain. BTW, the Castelli team kit is not replica kit either, it is the same stuff the pro's wear, they do occasionally custom cut clothing for picky or oddly shaped riders but generally, what they sell as team kit, is the exact product the team use, i.e. it is the dogs bollocks! So if you can stomach having a Garmin logo across your chest or across your arse, you could pick up some top level kit for wallet friendly prices!

doctornige

This thread is a vitriolic pile of bollocks. Wear whatever inspires up you to ride of makes you most comfortable. It the the kilometres under the wheel that count - nothing else.

doctornige

Why would anyone want to pay to wear cycling kit that advertises the Murdoch empire? Pro riders in team Sky only wear it as they are paid to do so and have sacrificed their principles.

Hah. Any more unprincipled than those who take money from banks? Credit Lyonnaise, Saxo Bank, Rabobank, Cofidis ...

Such nonsense.

amaferanga

Veteran
This thread is a vitriolic pile of bollocks.

It's not really. No-one has said you can't or shouldn't wear team kit (or maybe one or two have, can't remember). But plenty of people have expressed an opinion on wearing team kit. I don't see a problem with someone saying "I wouldn't wear it, it looks daft in my opinion". Now if that offends a pro team kit wearer then they're just a little bit too sensitive about it.

redcard

Veteran
This thread is a vitriolic pile of bollocks. Wear whatever inspires up you to ride of makes you most comfortable. It the the kilometres under the wheel that count - nothing else.

Nige, people wear certain clothes for particular social situations. Now, you can act all outraged and pretend to you didn't know this went on, but it's a fact of life.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Actually in spite of my rather rigid views ;) I do wear a helmet in team colours - it matches club colours exactly, and there is no logo or name anywhere to be seen. ( So thats OK) - but maybe we should leave helmets out of it! :santa:

zizou

Veteran
If talking in generalities then the no pro team kit opinion amongst club cyclists in my experience only applies to racing (both in terms of etiquette and the rules if they are being applied properly) and things like the sunday club run (although here the opinion is going to be more relaxed it is more of a general acceptance that it is good to get everyone out wearing the same gear and looking the part). For the rest of the week when riders are training on their own or in groups of 2 or 3 they often will wear what they want and for many that will include their favourite team kits. It is just not an issue to get vexed about either way.

btw there is a cycling club for people who work for Sky - they get discounted Team Sky kit and that is their kit for club runs etc.

Top Bottom