Pro team kit or normal kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Fair enough - just my personal opinion (actually it is a nice shirt too). I remember when LBSs gave away their musette to carry your purchases in. I just don't get the whole 'branding' thing. For example, why would anyone buy a garment with 'Peter Storm' or 'Muddy Fox' or 'Bench' emblazoned on it? It doesn't shout 'cool' to me, just :sad:.

I buy muddy fox because it is dirt cheap at Sports Direct, I never realised it was a cool brand!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Snobbery? Please explain.

I wear Bench.... does that make me a chav?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Just to be clear, I'm not going to buy a top with 'Rapha', or 'Shutt', or 'Paul Smith', or 'Polo Ralph Lauren', or 'Fred Perry' either if the logo is too big or too obvious. A small, subtle makers label, that's fine by me.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I like the Team Sky kit i also like Adidas stuff which ive always found well made t-shirts trainers etc so if it gets reduced any further on Wiggle (believe someone said it may come down in January? ) i will get one as it looks nice. If it makes me look a twat then i don't mind if it makes anyone feel that they wouldn't want to talk to me then cool. If it makes you feel that way then we would probably never get on anyway so im fine with that.

Just for the record i don't care what anyone wears or rides etc im like my wife i go for personality over looks :biggrin:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I don't generally buy team kit as I don't have an affinity to a particular team, each to their own. However I did buy one of these which were cracking value at the time, I quite liked the look of the black ones, great quality and gave a whole new meaning to beer belly :whistle:

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't wear Bench kit.

I do have a fair bit of Hench kit, simply because finding tops to fit a 54" chest that don't have a Farrty Arbuckle wasteline is pretty difficult. It's a nice treat for the laydees down out street when I'm out cleaning the car in my Hench muscle vest when I stop for a Diet Coke break ;)

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I don't wear Bench kit.

I do have a fair bit of Hench kit, simply because finding tops to fit a 54" chest that don't have a Farrty Arbuckle wasteline is pretty difficult. It's a nice treat for the laydees down out street when I'm out cleaning the car in my Hench muscle vest when I stop for a Diet Coke break ;)

xx( lol

D

Deleted member 20519

I'm getting the Nalini Cofidis Team Jersey and Team Cap for Christmas, mainly because it will match my bike and my helmet and looks good too - don't care what anyone thinks.

AbercynonGaz

Regular
I needed a winter kit to be seen and be warm so I bought the colourful Liquigas kit from China. Guess what, It keeps me warm and I get seen easily by motorists. Can't people see that it is the same as any non pro kit but with different writing printed on it. For training and club runs, anything practical goes, or is my club too laid back? My club jersey I use for racing.......

Top Bottom