Pro team kit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
I've never been a wearer of team kit. I don't really know why. May be a confidence thing.
I recently acquired a GBR outfit for an age group thing I'm doing, I've never worn it in public as such. I guess I have the right to wear it but I'd feel a bit of a tw@t with my name written on it.

Your money, your choice. Personally I wouldn't wear pro-kit. I'm the wrong shape, wrong age and ride at the wrong speed. I think if you want to try and emulate the pro teams but cannot ride anything like them it looks a bit silly. Just my personal view. On the other hand you could be a supporter of the team just like supporters who wear their team's football strips when going to matches but don't play football.
^This^ :thumbsup:

VamP

Banned
I have Bianchi Team kit, as worn by Jan Ullrich in 2003. Kinda retro thing in celeste, and goes well with my Bianchi. You can sort of see it in my avatar, although I don't wear it racing anymore.

As someone (more than one) said above; wear what you're comfortable in. Everybody has the right of self-expression.

compo

Veteran
This is the one I want when I have a few spare pounds (money that is, the other pounds I have in abundance)

PpPete

Legendary Member
Wear what you want - its your money to spend.

Used to think this... then I got some**, decided it made me look like a knob, got rid.

** actually it was free samples from a Chinese knock-off outfit.

I do own, and wear, both black & white versions of this cap:
camp%20blue.jpg

Some people think the wearing of unearned rainbow stripes are even worse example of bad taste than team kit, but I think that design is so classic, and as I (usually) ride Campag equipped bikes....

PpPete

Legendary Member
I have & wear the same cap in black (freebie from 3BM) and none of my bikes have Campag

Shame on you, Sir ! :laugh:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Everyone to there own , i have a Liquigas jersey that i love to wear , but would never wear Polkadot, Rainbow etc as i see it you have to be up to the shirt in relation to performance.

I blame my mum and dad for buying me a spider man outfit when i was 10

Top Bottom