Pro Tour Punditry 2017 **no spoilers please**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Kittel, Cavendish, Kristoff

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
This is a late suggestion but what about extra points for picking them in the right order?
I'll think about how I can "maybe" work that suggestion into the Tour; but see below, it might be a waste of time and simpler if it was just for getting top 3 and not bothering about correct order. But always happy to introduce new ideas (if only to confuse you all and award myself random high scores...)

How often does anyone actually pick the top three, never mind getting them in the right order?
3 times during the Giro - you, and Crax (x2), none of them in the right order.

It doesn't happen often, we truly are shite at punditry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
OK, having thought for at least 10 seconds about Crax's suggestion:

How about: as of now (stage 2 onwards) an additional 50 points is awarded for getting the top 3 in any stage race?

We should all be picking with a view to getting the top 3 correct* as it is so there should be no change to thinking/selection.

* edit - Hopefully it does not stop the "flair" picks; it is very rare for anyone to get top 3 correct. In the Giro there were a total of 273 stage predictions possible, and 3 of these resulted in the top 3 being selected, which by my calculations is just over 1%. We really are shite.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Stage 2*
160 - shadow
150 - me, irish
140 - richiepoo, simo, roadrage, Archie, gk09
110 - boozey
100 - Adam
90 - mosquito, smutch, crax, Steve
80 - brommers