Pro Transfers for 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lyn1

Über Member
I think it suits both team and rider - he hasn't accumulated enought points to make him valuable to a Pro Tour team, but at the same time he gets to ride in most of the races he wanted to ride in anyway, and probably as leader, which would not have at all certain in any Pro Tour team. I'm just a bit depressed that MTN-Q keeps signing more and more non-African riders and is in danger of becoming more like any other team.

According to Smith there will be 12 Africans, so about 8 non- Africans. An alternative would be to go for 18- 20 Africans along the RusVelo or Polsat model ....purely nationalistic, ride round at the back much of the time and few wild cards.
Rome wasn't built in a day. There are good African riders in the team but some lack experience. What will they gain if they cannot get in big races and do not have quality and more experienced riders to learn from? In time they can move to a predominantly African squad, but it may initially take a few more years of compromise.

U

User169

Theo Bos maybe following EBH to MTNQ.

The Couch

Über Member
Poels going to Sky seems to only require the official announdement anylonger.

Strange thing is, he quoted earlier he wanted to look for other teams (then OPQS) "to be provided with more chances to chase his own success".
I am assuming he didn't talk much with Uran this year? :blink:
(Or even with some of the Team Sky guys)

Of course, the earlier made statement could just have less of a significance once he saw the money, training opportunities,... Sky (could) provide

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I suppose it depends on whether you see Sky and nurturing young talent or stifling it and sublimating it in the chase for the GC

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
According to Smith there will be 12 Africans, so about 8 non- Africans. An alternative would be to go for 18- 20 Africans along the RusVelo or Polsat model ....purely nationalistic, ride round at the back much of the time and few wild cards.
Rome wasn't built in a day. There are good African riders in the team but some lack experience. What will they gain if they cannot get in big races and do not have quality and more experienced riders to learn from? In time they can move to a predominantly African squad, but it may initially take a few more years of compromise.

I don't entirely disagree, although can we stop talking about Africa as if it was a 'nation' - it's a whole continent with talented riders from many nations.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lars Petter Nordhaug, Konig rumoured to be going to Sky.
Adam Blythe confirmed at Orica "to bolster their sprint lead out"...
...leading out who?

Top Bottom