Probike Discovery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan Whicker

I'm so glad you didn't get a Probike. I used to have one, a 'Black Knight'. I went all over London on it, but I wouldn't buy another. Upgraded to a Claude Butler Xanthos MTB, which was like taking off clogs and putting on trainers. Had loads of bikes since, mind.

OP
OP
Thelma

Thelma

I didn't manage to get out on it today either, which was rather a disappointment. I've planned my inaugural route of a whopping mile and a bit! In fact I'm going to use it to get to Fat Club tomorrow morning (assuming it's not chucking it down).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yup decathlon bike are very highly rated and as User says if they let you try the bike before you buy you can test a few out to see if you like the bike before you part with any cash.

I know from bad experience that a wrong sized or shaped bike can be expensive!

OP
OP
Thelma

Thelma

I've done it! I've been out! Don't laugh at my pitiful distance... I'm starting off small so I don't scare myself off. The way I see it is that any distance, however tiny, is better than driving or sitting on the settee in front of the TV.

potsy

Rambler
How was it Thelma?
Doesn't matter what the distance was it's getting out there that matters, just get used to the bike for now and build up your mileage slowly.
Have you got any routes in mind?

Wobblers

Euthermic
It was good!

I really want to build up to this: http://www.cycle-rou...Route-5352.html

I could do with a plan or programme to get up to that though.

It doesn't matter how short it was, as long as you enjoyed it! I can't give you a detailed plan, just try to build up the distance slowly. If you go a couple of miles further every week you'll soon find that you'll be able to go much further than you ever thought possible! If you can find some quiet, pretty roads or towpaths to cycle on so much the better.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Go out as often as you can, don't feel that you have to go further every single time - just add distance to a ride when you feel like it.

If the motivation to go out is lacking one day, don't go out ... just take a look at these photos (gb155 of this forum - also featured in this month's Cycling Active mag)

You'll find you are tackling that loop before you ever believed possible.

But this comes with a warning..... upping the distance can get horribly addictive, as several Cyclechatters (myself included) will happily tell you.

Top Bottom