Problem accessing Internet...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

rh100 said:
Sure it's a pc problem and not the network connection?

Definitely not...when some sites are blocked and some aren't...anyway I have the second version of Windows on so I can test it now.

Funny how I could never get onto Spybot/AVG or anything else which could help me but could get onto Ebay/Cyclechat (sometimes) and other message boards.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

On the alternate copy of Windows...spybot is now updating...no problem accessing websites but I cocked up installing Symantic somehow and it wont live update...will have to uninstall and reinstall.I've had this prob before...Spybot is now running.

rh100

Oh good, back up and running soon then hopefully

Not keen on Symantec myself, prefer Kaspersky but TBH that's getting a bit slow lately.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

rh100 said:
Oh good, back up and running soon then hopefully

Not keen on Symantec myself, prefer Kaspersky but TBH that's getting a bit slow lately.

Hm I was clever with Spybot (I wished) It didn' find fug all...I guessed after three seconds that it probably wasn't going to scan the parts of the system I wanted it to.So im going to get AVG after I get Symantic up and running...Oh and also Malwarebytes.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Anything "nasty" on your PC will let you go (nearly) anywhere, until you try to go to "security update" sites. It don't like them!!
I'd suggest you download:-
Sophos anti-rootkit. You have to fill a form (sadly) but it is good.
HiJackThis. This will show you what is running on your PC. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE!! It can kill things like there's no tomorrow, even the good guys!! But you may be able to spot something that grabs your attention.
Combofix This is supposed to be run "under supervision" as bits of script can be added to kill specifics. I've run it before "as is" and its caught a hell of a lot. Only downside for me was it reset some of my custom icons.
They're all small apps. so it's always handy to have them available.

If you can't d'load them I can zip em up and e-mail em to you

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Im running another version of Windows now...my own personal copy and not the one which came with the Lenovo Laptop...That's a point I wonder where my Lenovo backup stuff is...

Malwarebytes hasn't found anything but has disturbed stuff which has been gobbled up by Symantec Antivirus Corporate...Spybot didn't find anything also...probably because it is scanning the new windows and not the old.I can download stuff now as im using a fresh version...the old version is still on here also...Thanks for your help.

Oh yeah from a virus scanner on the other windows advised...it said I should be using the Guest account instead of one with Administrator privileges...Now this sounds sensible...may give it a try...

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

fbxt6r.jpg

This is what it was x3....I found and old flash drive which worked and it had a Trojan Remover
which I could update from the other windows and use on this windows without having to install it.

The issue was fixed yesterday...Thanks for all you help. ;)

fbxt6r.jpg

This is what it was x3....I found and old flash drive which worked and it had a Trojan Remover
which I could update from the other windows and use on this windows without having to install it.

Good find! Glad you got it sorted, looked like a bit of a pig.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

fbxt6r.jpg

Good find! Glad you got it sorted, looked like a bit of a pig.

Total fluke me managing to fix it though...once I got onto the Spybot website and avg I knew I'd won...Thanks to an old flashdisk I made up with those progs on...An old trojan scanner (and it updated definitions) which could work even though it was set up on the on the other windows...Thanks.

Going to back that flashdisk up.

Top Bottom