problem filling airzound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

prbikey

apparently the problem is that the middle of the pump valve doesnt press the valve pin in enough

ive tried 2 different tubes and a foot pump, none of them work, the hose just pressures up, air doesnt get past the valve (got the vol arrow the right way). when i tighten the pump valve up too much the airzound-valve starts to turn in the rubber seating

does anyone have a pump/hose they can recommend that works ?

many thanx

Femto

Well that's very strange. I have airzounds on both my bikes and I've used a Topeak mini, a zefal classic and a track pump. Never had an issue.

Stoopid question, but you have got the little regulator valve thingy on the airzound open haven't you? This acts as a crude throttle to allow you to moderate the volume produced, and if you close it it stops air both coming out of the bottle and getting into it.

Yes it does sound like the little switch, turn it to full on loud and pump!

I've had to mark mine with pen - on - off - loud - not so loud - due to 'accidents' when I thought it was off. :smile:

OP
OP
P

prbikey

thanks im perplexed by this one

vol is open, the valve pin does go down. the tube was actually zig zag kinked inside the cone above the bottle, straightened that out, but still no air in. Does anyone know if you can remove the top from the bottle ? i could try blowing in the tube and see if any air comes out the valve. not sure if the top is glued o.

the bottle is quite hard to compress in my hand, making me think its under some pressure already, but the air doesn't want to be squeezed out of the valve

I've emailed the manufacturers, waiting on that one

OP
OP
P

prbikey

i think ive figured out whats happening....
just out of interest, does anyone use a twist/screw on pump for these, or a foot press on pump ? thanks

OP
OP
P

prbikey

dont mean to bump but, (anyone affiliated with airzound here? dont want to kick off ;) )

figured out the problem was that when i used a screw-on pump, the valve is only held in by a rubber bit, its not fixed in there. so the valve was being turned round and round, which was making the tube corkscrew, and shutting off the air. but the tube was only corkscrewed inside the plastic bit, so not visible

talk about a simple product, designed badly :angry:...d'oh.

dont mean to bump but, (anyone affiliated with airzound here? dont want to kick off ;) )

figured out the problem was that when i used a screw-on pump, the valve is only held in by a rubber bit, its not fixed in there. so the valve was being turned round and round, which was making the tube corkscrew, and shutting off the air. but the tube was only corkscrewed inside the plastic bit, so not visible

talk about a simple product, designed badly :angry:...d'oh.

Oh right, I think I've mostly used a push on and grip (?) type pumps on my zound. I've emailed the company once and had a very helpful chap (in America) went out of his way to help me. I wonder if they have a FAQ that mentions anything about pumps. Are you sorted now then? Do you have to get a different pump?

Eurostar

Guru
BUMP Spent ages trying to get air in my AirZound yesterday. It's never been fitted to a bike and has been under my bed for years. I dismantled it completely, but no joy. Then I surmised that the silly black el-cheapo tubing had somehow stuck to itself. So I dunked the whole thing in v v hot water and gave it a fierce attack with a track pump, and it worked! Now I'm going to modify the lever so the damn thing is usable in moments of panic.

Top Bottom