Should I buy with these problems?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Given the wear on the front tyre and general condition of the bike, I'd guess it was ridden a few times then stuck in a shed and forgotten about till recently. There just doesn't appear to be enough scratches and dents to suggest it's had a long rough life.
The drivetrain when cleaned up may well be in damn good condition otherwise.
I'd say go for it.

Nope, no second-guessing allowed here. The drivetrain is cooked.

gbb

Legendary Member
Moon dollars?

Corrosion on the fork looks superficial, as does that on the chain. I see it has a front tyre - these are generally considered beneficial 👍

I did notice that there appears to be significant wear on the chainrings and probably chain; meaning these bits will require replacement soon. On top of that cost this also raises questions about the condition of the rest of the bike.

Not familiar with the brand and an assessment depends largely on the value of your currency and the state of your local market, however it appears to be an unremarkable, worn-out hybrid of potentially questionable quality for a good chunk of money. Over here I'd say you'd be lucky to get £100 for it; whatever that translates to in your currency.

Agree re the chainring, it looks quite bad.

As a comparison, I just brought my son a Python hybrid, around 4 years old, scarcely ever used, cost IRO £399 new, cost me £100.
It does look overpriced and fairly poor condition, but then I don't know how much stuff goes for in the US

Top Bottom