Problem removing battery on ebike with Fazua 50

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
it might be the weight of the battery against the catch.

Grip around the tube and press the battery toward you as you push the release catch.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
it might be the weight of the battery against the catch.

Grip around the tube and press the battery toward you as you push the release catch.

yes tried that. I managed it a few times over the last few weeks but it has always been a fiddle. Now just impossible. When you say push the release catch this is actually a pull/lever version of the release not a push version, just in case there is some special technique for the pull/lever version

Might be a simple fix - check with the retailer first if you like the bike otherwise

it might just need a simple catch replacing

If you do make sure that you make it clear that you reserve the right to reject it if it goes wrong again

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Okay, I got it out. Tipped it upside down and peered in to the gap while I pull the lever. I could see that the lever was not impeding the battery, and giving the battery a tug it eventually just fell out. Very poor design

I would certainly take it back and ask the retailer to fix it.

and contact the manufacturer and tell them about it - just to make sure they know

I did all this with my ebike - worse problem and it went on for nearly a year

but eventually Raleigh just took the bike back - much to the relief of the LBS - and gave one of the next range up for free
which was lucky for me - but it also made sure that they knew there was a problem - which they have now fixed

richtea

The previous battery release design (a button on the topside of the down tube that you pushed through to release the battery) certainly had problems, and some folk had the release mechanism replaced.
Ours is the old design - stiff but useable, with the trick being to squeeze the battery body into the downtube (i.e. take the battery weight off the catch), and then press the release button firmly.

However, yours is the latest design. If the battery 'just fell out' is it catching on something other than the proper 'catch', and then it becomes free? Some interference because of a tight fit?

The other thing the old version has is a kind of double catch - the battery comes partly out by a few mm, and then gets 'stuck' on a secondary catch. That seems to be on purpose to stop people dropping the battery by accident. Bloody annoying until you recognise the symptom, and press again to complete the 'drop'. Maybe yours has a similar secondary catch?

I'd definitely take it back and demonstrate the problem in front of the staff, if that's possible. And try another bike's battery for comparison, if they have one in the shop.

Please tell us how you get on.

(And nice bike, by the way!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom