Problem with RideWithGPS this morning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Is anyone else having the same problem as me? When I try to edit a route in RwGPS, at the start I can create new control points, but once I've made a change I no longer can. This makes the route planner all but unusable. I should say I'm a freeloader just in case that's significant.

I've attempted to report it; the site doesn't seem to have a dedicated means of reporting problems so it's just gone in as a general request.

Since I spend far too much of my time playing with routes in all sorts of places I'm very unlikely ever to visit, maybe someone's trying to tell me something. :rain:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep, it's only letting you do one edit.
You need to save after the edit, then go back into the route to re-edit.
Strange,

OP
OP
Aravis

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Thanks for the confirmation @ianrauk. I think the workaround you describe would be strictly emergencies only. As it seems to be a general problem I'm they should be hearing about it from all directions.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thanks both. I was fiddling with a route this morning, trying to move around control points and it just wasn't working.

Now I know I'm not alone.

(I'm a paid up member if that's relevant)

I've submitted a ticket.

If I create a new test route from scratch I can edit it fine, and do what I like. Save it. Re edit it. Do everything. No I can't. It seems that beyond a certain length/complexity of route it all goes wrong. Once you have done one "drag" operation to re-route it's game over. Have to save and re-start the edit.

If I go to an old existing route I can add new control points to begin with, but as soon as I've dragged and changed the route I lose the ability to add new control points or do anything much useful.

Weird

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Response to my ticket

Thanks for reaching out to let us know you are having this experience.
Earlier today we located a bug in the Route Planner that was causing errors related to Control Points. However, I am happy to tell you that our developers have just deployed a fix for this issue. When you have a moment, could you test things out again on your end and confirm that the Route Planner is now functioning as expected?
If you experience any further trouble, please let me know and I will take a closer look at what may be going on. Thank you for your report and sorry for any inconvenience.

R_nger

Guru
It's still happening intermittently for me and I have raised a ticket. How is it for everyone else ?

R_nger

Guru
It's still happening intermittently for me and I have raised a ticket. How is it for everyone else ?

It was fine for me after they fixed it sometime Thursday. Not tried it since Thurs evening
Hmm, all working now - odd.

Top Bottom